Friday, January 25, 2008

Evelynese and other Evelyn phrases

Evelyn is always talking now, and she says some funny things. This is how she prays, with help.
"Heavly Fader, tank you dis day...."
And then you keep telling her phrases to say. But instead of repeating them, she says:
"I wash-a ma tar?" (I wash my car?)
Next phrase: "I nee-a washa my tar." (I need to wash my car.)
Next phrase: "Dad-a wash-a ma tar?" (Dad washed my car?)
She started doing this the night after we got our car washed at an automatic car wash station last week. A worker drives the car through the machine, and you can stand at a window into the washing station and watch the whole process. Evelyn was enthralled. And for some reason, it made it into the prayers.
Last night we had pasta, broccoli and Alfredo sauce for dinner. In the lowest and growliest Evelyn voice possible, "I WANNA PAS-A. I WANNA SAUCE. I WANNA BOCC-EE."And it persisted through dinner, and Jilly picked up on it and repeated gibberish in a growly voice.
Some of you know about Evelyn's pooping problem. (I hope no one is offended I am saying 'poop.' That's what we call it around here! :) She won't go for a week or more. We got her on a prescription laxative, and she's doing a little better. It makes her have to go though, really bad, and she will fight it for HOURS. And she's grouchy, uncooperative, etc. Once she finally goes, she's sooo happy and tells me, "my poop come out!" and keeps repeating it. Then she must go through list of at least 8 people who also poop. Today, Tyler, Nicole, Kaden and Jaren were the honorable mentions, along with Ben, Jilly and I. "Tywer poop? Tol (nicole) poop? Kaden poop? Ja-en poop?" To which I must answer in the affirmative. Last week it was her little friends Maggie, Graysen, their baby brothers, and Evelyn's Grandmas and Grandpas. And of course, Ben, Jilly, and I. We always make the list. We should feel special. I hope Evelyn doesn't disown me at age 15 for telling you all this.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

She just might. That is funny. Graysen too likes to know that others do what she is doing. She loves playing with her cousins, so we have occasionally told her that they go potty on the toilet and she should too. So she mentions them all the time. Once when she didn't want to take a nap she came out telling me her cousins were awake. :)

Glad yo hear you are well. Whenever I see that root beer keg at Maceys I think about you guys. It's on sale now, $9.99!

The Mothership said...

I feel so honored! ;) That is funny. I'm glad she's getting to be better.

Kaden just started saying about half the prayer by himself, and Jaren started to fold his chubby little arms when we tell him it's time for prayers. So cute! Have a good weekend.

Chad said...

Hey so how do I get on Evelyn's list? :) Just kidding. It sure is funny what kids say.