Ben and I have frequently told each other that we both married an airhead. And it's true. We put stuff down, usually things like wallets, keys, cell phones, and then it takes forever to find them again. And that's not so bad. You usually don't end up paying for things like that. But locking your keys in the car like I did, cost me $30. And tonight, our neighbor upstairs was returning something and informed us we had a boot on our car. Whhhhhhyyyyyy?! Well, our parking tag for our complex hangs on our rear-view mirror and rattles loudly when we drive over 40 mph. So we took it down while we were driving during vacation, and forgot to put it back up when we got back. We tried telling that to the ruthless bootman, but he was less than merciful and charged us $50 anyway. Which is ridiculous in the fact they make their living off of our 'airhead-ed' mistake, but also because of the dozens of parking spots in our complex, only half are full all the time. So this is just my little rant. $80 could have gotten me the new dishes I've been wanting, paying bills, etc. Maybe airhead-edness dissipates over time. One can only hope.
Excluding this, we're onto a great start for the weekend!
4 comments:
I am sorry!! That makes me mad just reading it - you had the permit in your car, and . . . ridiculous! Why do some people have to be so ornery?
Well, I do hope you have a better, happier weekend! Talk to you soon -
Ya, that's too bad. They should have been more understanding.
Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. WE sure loved having you here the other night. Thanks for helping us get together!
I am so glad to know I am not the only one who does things like that. I just lost my cell phone. Luckily it cost less than I thought to replace, only $40-$50 dollars. Adam wasn't exactly thrilled but he is becoming much more patient with my air-headedness.
Hope everything is going great for you guys!
Lame! That always happens doesn't it? A friend told me of a time she bought a brand new car and was driving it to her husband's work to bring him lunch. She stopped at a bank, shut the door, then went to the back door to get her baby out realizing that the doors automatically lock and she couldn't get it open! She called for help, even 911, and they said it would take 45-50 minutes. She ended up bashing in her brand new car window because she couldn't stand watching her baby scream. Yours wasn't that bad, but anytime you have to spend $ on something dumb like that it makes you mad!
Post a Comment