Saturday, April 12, 2008

Awaiting spring....

and the craziness of having a husband who's gone nearly 12 hours a day. Ben flies out next Wednesday for his conference, and will be gone until Saturday night. Hopefully he'll finally catch up on sleep he's been missing out on for the last 3 weeks.
I have pictures to load up, but I'm too tired right now to do it. I'll do it, sometime next week. Keeping up with two kids by yourself is hard work. How one handles more children is lost on me at this moment. How single moms do it is completely lost on me. I have new sympathy for them. It really isn't all that bad for me. It's actually pretty good. The hardest part of all of this has been not having my best friend around, to have a stimulating adult conversation with. Instead of, "Do you need to go potty?" for the 80th time that day. And just doing grown-up stuff together. We barely remember what a date is. Luckily for us, we are headed to Washington for six weeks starting next month and will have some live-in babysitters (love you guys!) so we can have a date.
My hobbies have kept me sane for the last few weeks, I've enjoyed sewing, getting outside (before the weather reverted to mid-February this last week), piano playing, and I started reading again. I did that because I feel like my I.Q. is dropping to the level of a 3 year-old, and we have a few hundred books. Unfortunately, a lot of them are in Spanish. So I will be heading to the library anyway.
A highlight of the last week was seeing family. Thank you Clemente and Trudy for hosting a pizza party. It was a welcomed break! And I loved seeing everybody.
I will now end my rambling post. Sorry it isn't anything more exciting. But life can't always be exciting, and that's okay. Sometimes it's the ordinary stuff we will remember and cherish most.

7 comments:

Di Cluff said...

I know what you are going through Sis, these times will pass fast & then you'll yearn for the times when the girls were little.
As far as handleing more children; I've found the threshold is three. When you have three life is more crazy but somehow you handle it. I found myself and heard other moms agreeing: If you can handle three you can handle any number.
So I guess the answer to your frustration is to have at least one more baby! :)

DK Johnston said...

YEAH!!! you are coming to washington! For sure come and visit. Hopefully we will have a house by then!

DK Johnston said...

Kristan told me that you guys are tummin da bizit!! Awesome...Two Words...Video Games. Kristan has got me on a VG Free diet. I really need to lower my IQ, bad. I guess we will see you guys pretty soon anyway. Take 'er easy.

The Mothership said...

I'm glad you decided to go to the farm. That means we get to see you!! Kaden said he wanted to talk to Evelyn today. We'll have to do a video chat soon.

Good luck getting through the last couple of school weeks.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

I feel you there. I can't wait until my Hubby is done with school. Are you guys stopping at Ben's parent's on the way to washington? We should get together. Oh and if it makes you feel any better, there are days when I am barely handling my one little guy and I see you with your two girls and you have done crafts, made homemade meals, have made matching dresses for all of you, taken trips to the park. I'm like "Wow, how does she do it all, Shaunie's amazing!" I think the same thing about Nicole.

Kori said...

I feel for you. Joe is a tax accountant and today is the day I get him back! I don't know how single moms do it. They are tougher than me!

Ashley said...

I have many days where I feel te same. Being a mom is hard work. I often wonder why we all don't band together and play more! Can't wait to have you over soon for adult chat and kid play!