Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bowling with Babies

We got out of the house yesterday and took the girls bowling at BYU. We could have gone to the Homecoming parade, but it was too cold for us. After taking the scenic route to campus (a drive that normally takes 8 minutes took 20 due to parade detours), we arrived at one of the cleanest bowling alleys I've ever visited. No smoking, no beer, no swearing. It was a nice change from bowling alleys I visited growing up. Evelyn was really excited to find her own ball, and Jilly was excited to attach herself to one I guess because this is the posture she assumed for most of the game. It was like she had a 10 pound tumor. When she moved or was picked up, the ball came too. And there was no way she was going to roll it down the lane to be eaten by the pin monster.

We had Evelyn rolling Granny-style, and then 2 frames before we finished the family next to us got one of those ball-rollers where you have your kid put the ball on top and it rolls off. We wished we had been that intelligent. Our one game took about an hour to finish I think.



It was a fun activity, we'll probably do it again. Next time I hope Jilly won't be bringing me my shoes in the 6th frame, telling me it's time to go home with her new, 10 pound best friend.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love Jilly sitting on the floor with her "tumor" ball. Ya those little ramps help out a lot, oh well, maybe next time. : )

Emily said...

I always get the lime green balls at BYU too, because they are light! Looks like a fun family outing!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

We took the girls bowling and it was really fun!! It looks like you had a great time!