Saturday, October 25, 2008

pictures

Here are a few pictures from the last month. Actually there are quite a few.
Here is a great way to calm down before bedtime. Make a jail out of masking tape, and then have the kids run through it.
Practice for Halloween by making mummies.


For the Star Wars aficionado, this is Jilly pretending to be the Sarlacc Pit eating Boba Fett from "Return of the Jedi."
We're catching Evelyn with books more often, she goes to bed with about 10 each night to peruse as she falls asleep.
Grandma Cluff makes a great pumpkin pie, and this is how the children eat it. A tiny slice, with tons of whipped cream. They get through about half the pie pieces and then lick the rest of the whipped cream away and ask for more.
This is from when Mom and Dad were away. The plush, fuzzy Winnie the Pooh and Tigger dolls were Jilly's early birthday presents, but she packs the little honey bear around while Evelyn has claimed the birthday gifts as her own. As long as they're not fighting about it I guess. Not sure what the tongues sticking out are about. In the other picture, Jilly was trying to move her finger up her nose. So this picture definitely won out.
Last Sunday when Ben and I came home. Ev and I were still not feeling completely well, and the girls were staging chaos and rebellion on our return home, so they won and walked around/fell asleep in their Halloween costumes.
My darling almost 2 year old daughter. Apparently she was pretty much a pill the entire time Ben and I were gone. The only love Grandma got was "NO!!!!!", hiding behind her hands, and spitting for long stretches of time (something she does to me when she feels she's not getting her way). She had love for Grandpa though, wanting him to be the one to help her get stuff done. He obviously didn't mind.
Jill's about 75% potty-trained, and finally sleeping through most nights. I could have sleep-trained her months ago, but she was still "the baby" and I felt it would be too mean. But I didn't feel the same way with Evelyn, even though she was a much better sleeper overall than Jill. In any case, I'm making sure they're both good sleepers and fully potty-trained by the time #3 makes its arrival in early spring. Hopefully we can see that elusive boy on an ultrasound in a few weeks.









16 comments:

NaDell said...

Congrats on the baby! Your kids look like they are a lot of fun. I bet my girls would love to play with them.
A boy in 3rd is a good position. He'll have three mommies.

Anna said...

Congrats! I will be rootin for a boy too! Hope you have been feeling well, despite the nasty stomach flu!

Ashley said...

Fun pictures; they tell loads. You look super cute in them too, and your glasses look great. Yea for Jilly and potty training quickly; hopefully you'll be prepared with the potty and sleep training. How is your pregnancy going?

Thanks for your comment, I will have to start watching those PBS shows.

The Mothership said...

Thanks for all the pictures. I can tell you have a little belly, it's cute.

I'm glad you got a weekend away. I hope you were recharged, even though you got sick. Did you make the zucchini bread yet?

Janelle said...

Cute pics! It seems like your girls are so much fun! They are so cute and do the funniest things! Congrats on your anniversary and on having a baby! I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm glad we have run into each other-we should do it more often:)

Kate said...

Cute pictures. It was fun to catch up, and hear what's been happening the last few weeks. I heard from Ben about your big news, I think we must be having our babies around the same time. Well congratulations, hope the pregnancy is going smoothly and your little one is being good to his(/her) mama!

DK Johnston said...

Cool stuff...of course my favorite picture is the Evelyn sarlacc picture and the masking tape. Sometimes I wish I could wrap Maggie up in masking tape just because. We miss you guys and the girls. Hope all is well.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Congradulations! THis isn't as bad as throwing up in the temple, but the first time I did a session at the temple (for myself) It was a week before we got married and I was recovering from a bad cough. I started coughing and choking. My throat was closing up and I couldn't breath. They had to stop the session and get me water. Jeremy trying to make me feel better told me it happened all the time. I've since learned, that is not the case.

Purser Family said...

Wow, cute pictures, Congrats on the baby. Hope you get a boy too, they are soo fun, but if not oh well, you have cute girls why not another. HOw is everything else going?

Zac and Kaylan said...

Shaunie! Oh my goodness! Congrats to you and Ben on the baby! Knowing that you have 2 girls and that I will be having 2 girls soon enough I will pray for a boy for you! Zac will be too! He said if we didn't get a boy on the third try he's not taking the chance of having a fourth girl :)

DK Johnston said...

I THOUGHT THAT WAS A BABY BUMP! Yeah! Congrats. We miss you guys. Good luck Ben...hope you get that monkey off your back.

Priscila said...

Congratulations on #3!!!!What is your due date? I hope you are feeling good. Your girls are so cute!!

Jenny said...

Yip yip yip yip. Rrrradio. :)

I am sorry you have spitters. I think they got it from my kids. Wait until they start making the horse lips spitting sound. It's awesome.

Jenny said...

Also, I think my son has a crush on Jill. He has started referring to her as 'my jilly' and says 'I wuv her' when he hears her voice through the window.

Niki The Weav said...

Hey Congrats!!! When I am in a hurry I usually just skim through blogs looking at the pictures, which is what I did earlier today with Adam but I came back to comment about the fun with the masking tape (which looked like a blast!) and I saw that ya'll are expecting! Awsome! I can't wait to see if it is a boy but either way that's exciting!

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Fun pictures!! And I heard the awesome news so congratulations and I hope everything goes well!! You look great and your girls are growing up so fast! We have that same monkey Halloween costume too....makena wore it 2 years ago!;)