Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jilly's Birthday

Jill had her second birthday earlier this month, and had a good time as far as I could tell. We did do a little party for her, which seemed like a big party in our little apartment. Thanks to all the friends who stopped by!

I decided to be crafty and make this banner for Jill. There is a major flaw to it (enlarge to see if you can make it out), but I didn't throw it away because it took too long to make. We both laughed (after I said "Gosh dang it!" a couple times) a lot the next day over this.
Ev convincing Jill that the best thing for her to do before breakfast is open presents Mom and Dad said she couldn't open until party-time.
Dad and Mom giving in and letting Jill open Grandma's presents after breakfast.
My kids love cupcakes, and I was too lazy to frost them. I found that canned whipped cream is a very fun alternative, with sprinkles added. Both girls love the stuff.
This little party was my first experience with a lot of little kids running around. It was fun watching them get as, if not more excited about Jill's stuff than she was. I'm seeing the future of grade-school parties.
Yeah, I think she had a good time. This year kind of makes up for last year's not-so-spectacular birthday due to being sick. I'm glad I had the energy for it this time around!
At two, she is really coming into her own. She has just started having temper-tantrums this week, but is finally sleeping through the night on a regular basis. (Today we moved Ev into Jilly's room to see how they sleep in the same room. I'll let you know how it goes). She is incredibly sweet most of the time, so snuggly, and talking so much. Most of the time in full sentences. It's strange to have two little girls around, instead of an older one and a baby like it's been for quite a while now. Jill really complements Evelyn's easy-going style, and their relationship reminds me very much of Nicole's and mine as kids. Happy Birthday Baby Jill!

I'm going to have to stop saying that soon.

6 comments:

The Mothership said...

umm....her name is backwards? That's the only thing I could see. :) I'm sorry. I can imagine exactly how you feel! It is very cute though. I had to enlarge it to see the letters.

I'm glad Jillian had a good birthday...I still don't know what to do for Jaren's. I don't think we're doing anything big. But he will probably blow the candles out before we can sing him the song. That's what he did with my cake!!

I'm glad your two girls get along...and I hope the sleeping situation goes well. Just give it a couple weeks before you give up if it doesn't go well.

Ashley said...

Yay for Jillian. I have lots of crazy fun nieces so we have experienced lots of birthday party trauma, even from Graysen when it wasn't her birthday and she wanted everything the birthday girl got. I think she is growing out of that one and understanding better now. Fun party!

This was on the other post, but crazy... a van. So do you have two cars now or are you selling one? Having 3 kids causes major changes. You will have to let us in on all the secrets so we can prepare for the future. Ya, I want to hear how the girls do together. I'm sure it will take some weeks of adjustment. Please post or call us when you find out the gender of your baby!

DK Johnston said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. We wish we could have been there for that one. Oh and by the way Jillian will heretofore be known as Naillij in the Johnston House Hold. Well maybe not...just make sure that she doesn't know about it when she can use it as collateral during here teen years. Too much fun.

Ben said...

Naillij, hmmmmm...sounds like a Jedi name. AWESOME!

Niki The Weav said...

That sign is hillarious! I made something for the kids for Christmas last year and spelled Isaac's name wrong "Issac". Luckily I was sort of able to fix it. Happy Birthday Jillian!

Di Cluff said...

Happy Birthday Jilly the spitter:)