And boy, do I have it. Maybe it's because I'm having a boy. He's killing off my brain cells now so I won't notice him getting away with murder when he's older. In the last few days I have:
Lost my debit card in Costco, apparently just dropping it on the floor after I went through the cashier line. Thankfully, someone took it to the Membership desk so I could get it back.
Broke my large Pyrex mixing bowl by watching it fall onto the floor out of the fridge (major delayed reaction time). I didn't know those things could shatter into that many pieces.
Made some delicious cookies, that weren't quite done when the timer went off. So I meant to leave them in the oven for 2 more minutes. Wait, make that 15 minutes. Buttery, melt-in-your mouth cookies turned into burned, crispy critter cookies.
85 - the number of times I have knocked over, dropped, spilled, or run into my children (my burgeoning belly is now a blind spot). When pregnancy books talk about a loss of grace, none of this was mentioned as far as I can remember. But isn't that the point? I'm not remembering. Haha.
And my children seem to be finding more ways into mischief. Today they scribbled on library books, the computer screen, washed Jilly's hair at the sink with handsoap (which consequently dribbled in her eyes, making her scream, making her wet her pants, etc.), among other minor disasters. Maybe my hearing is temporarily going. I can no longer sense when trouble is brewing, or have that natural timer of "my children have been quiet for longer than 3 minutes, I'd better make sure they're not destroying something."
Other than this, the pregnancy is great. This kid is going to be bigger than my girls. My belly is as big now as I was at 28 weeks with the girls. And I'm only 22 weeks. Watch out girls, the blind spot is only going to get bigger.
7 comments:
Yeah a boy that is soo exciting. And dont worry about the pregnancy brain, at some point (not quite sure when it happened, but) you will get your brain back. I promise =)
sorry about all your mishaps. And glad none of them were life-threatening.
See you in a few weeks! We are all excited!
Man I hate "pregnancy brain". It is really real! I remember leaving my purse so many times when I was pregnant and all sorts of similar loopy things. Good luck!
I totally remember those days. Oh wait those are my days now and I'm not even pregnant. I'm still trying to get my brain back. Will it ever happen? Yes in the millenium. So there is still hope.
These times they are a changing or maybe I have old womans brain becuase I don't recall getting pregnancy brain. Sorry about the bowl, I hate breaking dishes. On Thanksgiving I broke 4 of our glasses.
Congrats! My Pregnancy brain has kept me busy other places than the internet. I didn't even know you were expecting! What a bad friend! I can sypathize though! 33 week has put me through the wringer!
A boy! Do you have a name?
Oh Shaunie! I couldn't help but giggle when I read this article. I feel like the more kids I have the dumber I get. Seriously. Pregnancy brain is real and it sucks. I remember being pregnant with Haley and not being able to form proper sentances or not being able to convey something to Zac and just saying to him,"YOU KNOW...THAT THING!". He would look at me like I was crazy b/c of course he had no idea what I was talking about since none of what I was saying was in proper English :) This next baby probably will be another 6 pounder like Haley but I am curious about what it might be like to have a boy. Zac was almost 10 pounds at birth and I wonder if the sex of the baby will factor in at all. Maybe you will have a big baby boy! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment