The girls have really enjoyed flipping through their baby books and seeing themselves as babies lately. I brought my book down for them to look at, and they had fun seeing me as a baby as well. I had fun looking through it with the perspective of what I did at my girls' age, and how some things seem to have come across in the genes. For example, I carried my blanket into nursery each Sunday almost until I graduated into Sunbeams, and still needed it on occasion. That would be Jilly today, Captain "I need security," who must always bring something with her out of the house, and World War 3 will ensue if you try to take it away. But as my mom wrote in my journal, "There is hope." So maybe around three she'll not have to take toys all over the place. I also found this picture:

I laughed when I saw this picture because we're going to be at this point really soon. And my sister is making a face that's so much like Jilly's picture expressions. That's me in the middle, kind of not paying attention, just like my oldest daughter. And the next Sunday, Ben wanted a similar shot of us on the couch. We changed our blog header to the best picture out of the four we shot, but these ones were funny.
Great first picture girls.
And every time I look at this one, I just about die laughing. I have no idea what Evelyn was doing, or trying to do. Jilly wouldn't stop chewing whatever it was.
On Monday the hospital I'm delivering at held a 'sibling class/tour,' so I signed us up and a nurse talked about how to treat a baby, hold a baby, making sure they know to wash their hands, don't poke their eyes, play with the umbilical cord, and definitely no using the blue suction bulb. Ev and Jill loved holding the life-size baby dolls, and at the end they got their own gear to go and check out the nursery. There were two little boys in there, and the girls liked watching them. One was just over 7 lbs, while the other one was over 9 lbs. All you had to do was look at the fat rolls to see which one was bigger. When I saw those little babies, it really hit me that I will have one of those in hopefully two weeks or less. I'd kind of forgotten how little they are!

Speaking of fat rolls, I had an ultrasound today to make sure this little boy is head down, and the tech said, "Whoa! He's sure got some fat little cheeks!" And from what she could see, not a whole lot of hair except on the back of his neck. I'm not used to chubby babies. The girls were two skinny little frog babies for the first 8 weeks or so, but still cute none the less. She took this shot for me, if you can make it out. The vertical axis of his face is tipped at a 45 degree angle, and his left fist is right up next to his left eye. The top left quadrant of the picture is the right side of his face and eye. If you can make all that out, you can see the cheeks. I feel like I'm spoiling my Christmas present by knowing this, but we'll see how accurate the description is.
And for the last portion of this post, the long-awaited, hemmed-and-hawed decision has finally had its conclusion. We'll be moving here in early September.
We get to go to church right next to the temple! The girls will be mad they can't go inside, but they'll just have to wait.
14 comments:
That's California, not St. Louis, right? :) Looks like Newport Beach... awesome! Your family is adorable. Congrats on making the big decision. We are loving Cali for the most part! :)
Because Ben hasn't posted this on his blog yet (get on the ball, man!), I feel that I must tell you how happy Em and I are that you and your awesome family will be coming to Irvine. We love it here and are certain that you will, too.
Also, that first picture is great. We need to take one like that.
Yay for warmer weather, dessert and fat cheeks!
that family picture is so funny. we look just like Ev and Jill. And from what the tech said, baby boy will look exactly like Bryson! Too funny.
I'm glad you made a decision. Tyler wants to come and visit you for Christmas. :) We'll have to see!! But that would be fun.
I need to give you a call -- or you can call me!
Nicole, will Tyler be able to handle a Christmas without snow?
Shaunie, the picture of your family is hailarious. I've never seen Nicole in Jilly until I saw that photo. I guess She is a combo of Ben and Nicole. How fun it is to see a preview of your family in a few months. I hope Gordon has hair.
The church next to the temple was Patricia's stake center when she lived in OC.
I love that old family picture and that you guys did a new one similar to it. Congrats on choosing a fun new future; CA sounds great.
Wow...only 2 weeks!! I am so excited for you guys. It'll be fun to see what a baby boy Cluff looks like. Oh....and thanks for picking California. I decided we need to go to disneyland together.
When we took that picture I didn't even realize that we were inadvertently repeating history. Uncanny, even Buñuelian, that goes well my my thesis.
Anyone who want to go to Disneyland is welcome to free lodging at our place in CA...small but cozy, and the company is pretty good too.
Ben I'm so excited for you guys. You and Shawnie are probably two of the best people we know. I was reading, well actually glancing over the pics of your family, and it occurred to me that you could probably be one of the best lawyers ever. Glad to see you guys are doing so well. Take care.
Congratulations on the big decision! That picture of baby Gordon is pretty cute, and it will be interesting to see if how different or similar he may look to his ultrasound portrait. What an exciting time for your family.
Please tell us when you are moving to CA. We will be down in San Diego/LA for about a week in September.
Hey Shawnie,
This is Christy Goodman (Fisher)from BYU Idaho. Nicole gave me your blog and I saw you are moving to California in Sept. You will most likely be in my ward. I would be more than willing to talking to you about housing, the ward, etc. if you are interested. We love it here and have great friends in the ward. I really think you will enjoy it. You can email me at critterchild@hotmail.com and we can exchange phone numbers there. Congratulations!
Wow,
The next chapter of life begins. To bad there is no reading ahead. I guess since Ben will still be in school it won't be way different, but if your life were a book I think it would be a new chapter. California will be fun and not too far from home.
Here's a random question do you know where that picture was taken? It kind of looks like my parents trailer, or at least like that lantern my dad has. I don't remember that trailer a whole lot because I wasn't very big when we moved.
Good luck with everything.
Katie
Note: Ben will still be studying Latin American Literature so there will be lots of reading and he won't be a lawyer.
He will be a professor at a university in somewhere U.S.A....or Canada...or Latin America...or Europe.
Post a Comment