Friday, March 6, 2009

Update

We have now entered the last month of what I consider to be the most boring quarter of the year. Yippee! Even the weather was compliant for the last 2 weeks or so, and got outside to draw on sidewalks and dig in the dirt (yesterday the girls "planted" their socks and shoes, intending them to grow into trees. Obviously, I wasn't paying attention). Today it has snowed a little, but that's typical of this area. It could snow 12" on the 15th of April. No big deal. 

Ben spent some time in St. Louis, Missouri this week, visiting Washington University's campus. All the buildings on the campus Ben would be spending the bulk of his time on are done in this same Gothic architectural style. He said all the people were really friendly, and wishes he could  have spent more time seeing the city. He was there for less than 24 hours. Better than the 4 days he had to spend in Philadelphia. We actually found out today that he was denied acceptance at University of Pennsylvania, which was fine with us because Ben decided he didn't really want to attend there if he was accepted. University of Kentucky sent an email today telling him he had been accepted, so that leaves only 2 more schools to hear from. 
Two of the projects I finished sewing a few weeks back. They love dresses, so that's what they've been getting. I finished the last one for Jilly today. I'm glad to say that the sewing spree is over. I've had my fill for the next little while. I feel like I still have too much to do in the next month, or less, or maybe a little more. More than sewing at least. 
Here is the hiccpuy baby boy at 35 weeks. And the belly is lower now (a week later) than it was in this picture. I hope that means I don't go 10 days overdue? My sister is flying out for a few weeks, so hopefully he makes his appearance in that window when she'll be here. 

Towing update: We found out through city police we were towed because our Camry was unregistered, and apartment complex parking lots are considered under city ordinance that no unregistered/expired registration can be parked on city streets. So $300 later, we know better. The really aggravating part of all this was that all other unregistered/exprired cars recieved notices saying they would be towed if the vehicle was not brought up to date. Except us. And as far as I know, we're the only ones who were towed. So if you live in the city, beware. 

4 comments:

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Wow! I can't beleive you're at 35 weeks already. It goes by faster when your not the one pregnant. So we will be down your way this week for the ballroom competition wed-saturday.

Di Cluff said...

The dresses are real cute Shaunie. You can just tell in the photo how much they like them. I can't wait to see you and the girls, oh and Ben too. I don't understand the low belly/10 days overdue comment. I thought a low baby meant the time is nigh. Did he ever turn to the right position?

Zac and Kaylan said...

You are seriously the cutest pregnant woman ever!!! Look at your little belly! I love the dresses you made the girls! I wish I had your talent but I definetly don't have the time or energy to sit and learn at this point in my life. Maybe when all of my children are in school :)

shaunie said...

Well mom, in my case, all bets are off as far as the low baby deal. So far I go way late no matter what the baby is doing.