How Evelyn feels about moving
(actually, she said she was mad that her baby wouldn't go to sleep)
I feel like I'm a marathon runner, racing my way to our big move next month. I don't like running in general; physically or life-wise. Things have just been nuts the last week or two, and we're adding pre-vacation stress to the mix as well as we try to leave this weekend for family visits. I hope we can relax some on this trip, and then really relax once we get to Cali. I thought that getting started on packing a month ago would help me feel less stressed at this point, but it's not happening. Oh well. I guess moving just bites no matter how you slice it. And it bites harder with more kids.
Look at this face. Doesn't she look incapable of naughtiness? Wrong. She has decided that destruction of property is how she'll handle the impending changes in her routine. For example: water puddles on the carpets and then crumbling bread into them and making a soupy dough mess which she then rubs into the carpet, coloring on the carpet with blue crayon, rubbing blue toothpaste on one end of my freshly cleaned couch, coloring with black crayon on my white sheets, and breaking cookie cutters. She's also been throwing multiple tantrums in the store (she really has not done that up to this point) and issuing blood-curdling screams. Maybe the terrible twos and threes are finally setting in. And they are terrible. I think I say the word "timeout" at least 60 times a day to her lately.
We have had some fun, visiting friends for playdates and going to a few parks. I bottled some jam last week, and that turned out really yummy, and I think I'm going to can peaches and apple pie filling while at my parents.
Poor Ben, he just keeps plugging away at his thesis, which he now speaks of with notes of disdain. He just wants it to be done and over with. I want it to be done and over with!
A few months ago, when life was rolling along fairly smoothly (and it was), I was wondering when the next crazy period of life would start. Well, here it is. Now I get to see how patient I can be with my kids and the invariable hitches that crop up as we turn a new page in life.
9 comments:
This too shall pass.
I'm cheering you on! Aunt Tracy
Good luck! Moving really is a hassle. I thought it was hard in March with just 1. You can do it!
Ahhhhh...we know how the moving routine feels like! Good luck to you guys, hopefully the kids stay out of trouble for ya!
We are praying for you Ben. We look forward to seeing you in a few days.
Sometimes it's nice to take a step back and observe. Then the blessings of these experiences may become more evident. You guys are great! Sounds like lots of fun at your house.
I can understand the moving thing...although it was only across town, with one baby and family living in the area to help, so I guess I don't understand really. GO Shaunie! You can DO IT! Oh and by the way, Supermom, I don't take the time to bottle anything at any time of the year, even during the smooth parts You're amazing. (although I do like making pies in the fall).
Hey Shaunie, good luck on everything. :) When are you guys moving in? Do you need help? Email me at anita.draney@gmail.com if you get the chance and I can at least give you my cell. Hope you are enjoying vacation! :)
yes, moving bites no matter what. i wish i could come help. by now you are hopefully not stressing out and relaxing!
i'm sorry that jill is being such a stinker. her and jaren are going to be hilarious to watch this weekend.
Post a Comment