Gone on a two-week vacation.
Glory, hallelujah, praise the Lord and however else you can say it, Ben finished his thesis.
Defended thesis. Passed with revisions, a very common occurrance.
Saw lots of friends before we left UT.
Packed like a couple of crazy people.
Had help to pack all our stuff into the 17' truck. Miraculously (those there can testify), it fit.
Seriously, when we got everything in, I was torn between,"Yay! It all fits!" and, "Holy crap, let's take it down to D.I. and dump half of this." The table and chairs did us in. So freaking heavy.
Cleaned apartment. Really, the worst part of moving in my opinion. I'm glad I had some help.
Drove through a hail storm in central UT that I thought was going to break my windshield in.
Came over the summit and saw Las Vegas at night. The urban sprawl is impressive, but I won't say beautiful. Evelyn called it the "city of sparkling Christmas lights."
The traffic was worse here than in California actually.
Had our first In 'n' Out burgers. So delicious. Five Guys's fries are better though.
Survived California traffic and did not get lost.
Now unpacking and attempting to get quite a few things fixed in this place. We think we're victims of California's budget crunch. Our fridge had to be replaced, the oven doesn't work (new oven please!), one of the bathroom sink faucets leak into the cabinentry, the kitchen light turns on and off by itself, etc. They're short on maintenance men we've heard, and it's sort of obvious with the state of this apartment.
We're not moving ever again.
5 comments:
so you are going to live in a two bed apartment for the rest of your lives? I think not. :) Yes, moving bites. Just make sure the next time you move, it's permanent.
Glad you made it safely! Talk to you soon. Call me when you have a minute.
I hope you get used to driving in california. That would freak me out. We miss you and our lives are empty and have less meaning now. Also, I threw out your address on accident. Can you email it? Our interet gets hooked up on the 22nd. We will have to video chat the kids sometime.
Wow crazy times. I'm so excited that you said Five Guys Burger and Fries is better than In and Out, because I MISS In'N'Out so much and there is a 5 guys just down the road (I think). I will have to try it out.
We're so glad you're here! sorry i didn't get to say good bye last night! we saw you at stake conference, we didn't stick around afterward to try and beat the traffic! I hope all your maintenance things get fixed soon, that is totally lame! I haven't been to Five Guys, I don't really like In-n-out fries, their alright but I'll have to try Five Guys sometime!
Your statement about moving is like child birth. After a few months to a year you forget about the pain and get pregnant again. It's not until your comitted, new job-more money-nicer home or 8 months along-numbness in your lower body-pain in your back-sleepless nights, that you remember you said you would never do this again. Ü
Post a Comment