Friday, April 9, 2010

How are you one already?

Ben took a really nice video of the cake and us singing to Gordon, the little guy even started singing with us, but apparently it's too big to upload. So dang. These pictures will have to suffice
Gordon likes donut holes. And I was inspired by the cream puff cake my friend did for her daughter's birthday. This was so easy (and yummy), I loved it. I'm just not a fan of making large and complicated cakes. Not to mention all the left-overs associated with it. 
We had cut-up strawberries and Dibs chocolate-covered ice cream bites to go along with the donut holes. A finger-food birthday! The girls thought it was the best lunch EVER. 
The girls were anxious to teach Gordon the art of present-opening. We had to keep asking them to let him do it. 
Cars! Our supply of boy toys is pretty minimal, and this is just the start of a car/vehicle collection. 

Here is my Easter plug. General Conference on Easter has never thrown me off like it did this year. I was really looking forward to Conference, and Easter almost became an after-thought. I asked the Easter Bunny to keep the candy minimal this year, we didn't want the sugar. Evelyn doesn't do well on candy. One of those little packages of Skittles, and that girls is crazy, climbing the walls, fighting with Jill, etc. It's just a little more than I can handle! 
The Easter Bunny had a lot of fun setting this up. But he knew...

...there would be a Gordzilla to wreak havoc and destruction on the train yard in the morning!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like a smart birthday bash. I can't believe that he is one!

The Mothership said...

That cake is so cute! Did you buy them like that? Or make them? Or roll them in the sprinkles yourselves? It looks like the perfect one year old birthday party!

"gordzilla" ha! that's awesome. :)

shaunie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shaunie said...

Just buy a box of donut holes, arrange, sprinkle, and you're done. Easiest cake I ever made. You could make your own donut holes I guess, but there goes simplicity...

Cherine said...

Seriously he is one? That went by so fast. He sure is a handsome boy. Happy Birthday =)

PS great cake idea! I will probably steal that from you =)

Kate said...

Gordzilla is adorable! Destruction doesn't seem so bad when it is carried out by someone so cute! :) Happy Birthday to the little guy.

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday Gordon! I'm glad he had a fun day! I can't believe he's 1!!! Very cute cake-sounds yummy! I know what you mean about candy-Karissa got princess fruit snacks, animal crackers in her eggs. Even at Halloween she gets some candy and the rest "disappears." It's better for kids to have minimal candy and better for their teeth. Glad you guys are doing well. We miss you!