"Habitualization devours objects, clothes, furniture, one's wife and the fear of war. 'If all the complex lives of many go on unconsciously, then such lives are as if they had never been.'
Art exists to help us recover the sensation of life; it exists to make us feel things, to make the stone stony. The end of art is to give a sensation of the object as seen, not as recognized.
The technique of art is to make things "unfamiliar," to make forms obscure, so as to increase the difficulty and the duration of perception. The act of perception in art is an end in itself and must be prolonged. In art, it is our experience of the process of construction that counts, not the finished product."
I submit that this haircut is art and that it is making Shaunie Shaunie, or perhaps I should say that the haircut emphasizes her Shaunieness, which, when we were dating, I referred to as The Cuteness. Does that make sense? Anyhow, she is bee-ootiful, isn't she? I'm a very, very lucky man and I'm glad that she got a haircut that she loves.
The girls wanted to pose with the "new do" and show off the cool scripture charts they made at a primary activity today.
7 comments:
What a nice husband. Yes, the cut looks fabulous on Shaunie. It is so fun to have a change and the change looks great.
cute! I love it. What a sweet tribute, Ben.
Are those new glasses, Shaunie?
And who does Gordon look like? He looks so grown up in that picture!
Shaunie, you're gorgeous! What a sweet post by you Ben.
Love the hair, you look great!
I love it Shaunie!!
Your hair is super cute!
That Victor has a good point. You've given me something very interesting to think about. Thanks, and yes, the cut is cute!
Post a Comment