Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Ev!

Our Ev turned five last week, and we had most of Ben's side of the family here for it. It was a lot of fun to see everyone. All her presents (except for a soccer ball) were for school. She made bank in the clothing department (thanks everyone!), and really enjoys modeling them. She is so excited to go to school in September. 
3 weeks before her birthday, I asked her what kind of cake she would like. She told me, "Strawberry ice cream cake." After much clarification, I figured out she wanted strawberry ice cream, in cake form. I've never made an ice cream cake, so this concoction turned out well considering that. It had a golden Oreo crust, one layer of strawberry ice cream (Breyer's), a layer of sliced pound cake smeared with strawberry jam, and then another layer of strawberry ice cream and crushed Oreos and sliced strawberries on top. It was a hit, and I will be making it again. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

that cake looks amazing!

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday Evelyn! we hope you had fun on your special day! What a beautiful and smart girl! Shaunie-she will LOVE school! That cake looks delicious! I want some! :)