We had our ward's Christmas party, where the girls approached Santa with the trepidation of going to get shots or something. They wouldn't go up without me. They each got a glow stick, instead of candy (yay!), but then Gordon thought Jill's glow stick would make a good snack during dinner and bit a hole in it. Then he had bright yellow goo drooling out of his mouth. So maybe the glow sticks weren't such a good idea after all. We still had fun and some good food, and walked around the Newport Beach Temple grounds afterward.
On the one warm day out of the month, we went to the beach while the sun was up. As soon as it set, we got cold and headed home.
Great Grandma Green sent each girl a gingerbread house kit. The foamie kind. They turned out really cute, and I carefully took them apart to save them for display next year.
We drove up to Los Angeles one night to see the Christmas lights at the temple and have dinner with Uncle Dan.. The kids had fun running around and gazing at the lights. Gordon calls Christmas lights "prettys" and he would say it each time we drove by light displays. If you ask him to say "Merry Christmas," he'll say "prettys" or "may prettys."
My girls are growing up.
This tree, located near the Visitor's Center, is huge. It's the size of a decent two-story house. I was wondering how they got the lights all the way to the top.
Here's the trunk of that tree in relation to the kids. I would not like the job of taking down all those lights! They are so much fun to look at though.
1 comment:
Looks like a lovely Christmas. I wish I'd gotten to go up to the LA Temple. I love the lights; David thinks it looks like Super Mario land! They enlist the wards/stakes served by that Temple to help put up and take down the lights. It's a lot of work, but there's a lot of help - and tall ladders!
Post a Comment