Friday, May 25, 2012

The 200th post

 Is dedicated to Jillian and her love of taking pictures recently. I think she did okay for a camera whose LCD screen is mostly broken and un-viewable outdoors. 
Typical Jilly hairstyle: slicked smoothly down the front, hair in the face, and a headband. She has since had a haircut which looks quite nice when I blow-dry it (which is maybe once a week). 
 Part of my kitchen. 
 The light fixture that was hanging over the dining table. 
 Until a pipe upstairs started leaking and dripping down the afore-mentioned fixture, resulting in the loss of the light all together and a ceiling full of holes. It doesn't look too bad here, but this was only half-way through the "where's this leak coming from?" process. Think swiss cheese, and you get the idea. 
Evelyn probably didn't know she took this. Evelyn asked me to cut her hair that short. So much easier to fix in the mornings. 
 Now we head to the community garden for photos. This was early May. Those sunflowers are now gone and the tomato plants are triple the size seen here. Gordon is covering up his eyes cause he's a stinker. 
 A photo of the sun, because when you're five, you don't know you shouldn't look at the sun and Mom wasn't paying attention. 
 Said inattentive Mom. Sidenote: I love wearing floppy sun hats, but they definitely impede my peripheral vision, thus hampering part of my "mommy radar." Not sure what to do about it, but not too concerned either because my children are beyond the "may die or seriously injure themselves every five minutes" stage. 
 Calendulas in the garden. A much prettier relative to marigolds. 
 Exhibit I: Jilly's hand. 
 Exhibit J: Jilly's hand with dirt, because dirt makes everything more interesting. 
Exhibit K: Mom has five kids! Not really, I baby-sit the seated sassy little miss roughly 4 days a week now. It's actually not bad at all, mostly because I'm not sleep-deprived having to care for kids through the night. One of Evelyn's neighbor friends is pictured to the left.

Jilly is so ready for kindergarten, and to be in-the-know (as far as school goes) like her big sister and friends she plays with. Jilly really doesn't have friends that are her age, they're either a year younger or older than she is. Right now she's at a really logical, polite, and helpful stage. It's really nice considering Evelyn is in a mood-swing stage complete with attitude. I thought kids weren't teenagers until they turned 13. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

I LOVE the photo of you in your hat! Looking forward to that "kids won't seriously injure or possibly die if I turn my head" stage! Also, the well rested, not caring for kids through out the night stage! haha. We had fun playing on the "mountain" yesterday! Glad they got the chance b/c I'm pretty sure it is all gone as of this morning!