Sunday, June 10, 2007

June 2007

 Flying Away

Here are some pictures for those who haven't seen sunny Eastern Washington farmland. There is a guy here in the ward who flies a powered parachute a few times a week and will take most anyone up for a flight. Ben likes being up in the air, so he took up the offer to fly. Here are the resulting pictures.



A great open shot of the local farmland and sandy buttes. 



Here is the house! Everything is still so green this time of year, I love it!



This is Phil, the pilot, and his 'flying machine.'


Looking north over the farm ground.

Home

It's intriguing to be living back at home. Now almost having been here two months, it feels like I've been here forever, like I never left. Somehow, the last 4 years got stuck in time warp or alternate universe, and I've always been living here. And a husband and two kids just popped into the picture somewhere. Life here has changed some, but not much. For me, I guess that's part of what I call home. A constant place of safety and comfort. Honestly, I've never been able to call any of the other places we've lived home. I would always say, "let's go back the the apartment," or "let's go back to our house," but I really never say "home." This place in Washington will always be home to me.


This is a picture Ben snapped the other day. Evelyn likes getting out of the tub, and she'll say, "tow, tow, tow," meaning "towel." And she wants to be wrapped up like a Nativity scene character.


I think this is the cutest picture. Ben takes such good pictures. Evelyn will almost always take a bath with sister, but not by herself. I can't believe how fast my girlies are growing. They are only babies for such a short time, and I always have to remind myself that I have the rest of my life to do crafty things, but I only have my little girls for a little while.


So this is not the best picture of me. I was sick this day, on Father's Day. I'm glad I have a good one of Ben though. The most important thing about home are the people in it, not what it's made of (though I can get darn sentimental about the non-people things around here).


Jilly got this "rubber duckie" from Grandma Cows, and I'm amazed it's lasted as long as it has. 5 years as of 2012.

No comments: