Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ridiculous




So this week there was a sale at a local grocery store called Smiths. You could by all these great cereals, like Raisin Bran, Frosted Mini-wheats, Honey Bunches of Oats, for a dollar a box. I mean, that's an incredible deal, right? You just had to buy 8 boxes in one transaction, and only eight to get that price. So I did it of course. I love my bowl of cereal every morning. I just went back a few more times to get more. And I was in there yesterday, the last day of the sale, and I just couldn't pass it up. So now we shouldn't need any cereal until at least January. Maybe April. There are 24+ boxes of cereal in my pantry. So that's ridiculous item #1. But food storage, right?


Now, what, you are all wondering, is this? I will explain. I found a plum tree at the edge of our apartment complex, chock-full of ripe plums. They are yummy, and the girls love them. Evelyn loves them so much that yesterday, while I was doing bills on the computer, I turn around and see this. I said,"What in the world, Evelyn?" and she said, "What?" like it was completely normal for her to walk around like this. I asked her what she was packing around and she pulled out a plum. She had 8 plums in there! This is a first for her, using panties to carry things around. And I don't remember little girls doing it. Just little boys. So we took out the plums and she helped me wash them off very well. I just wish she would have held still for a better picture than this. She kept wanting to see the camera screen, instead of posing for a shot.

In other news, Jilly started talking this week. And actually it's pretty normal for them to start talking around her age, but whereas Evelyn didn't talk until she was 20 months, this is a bit shocking to me. Her favorite word is "Hiiiiii" and she says it when I pop around the corner, or from underneath something. She also says it to Ben when he comes home from school. She's also said "Ohhh" a couple of times. And in her little high-pitched voice, it's pretty cute.

No comments: