Sunday, August 19, 2007
T - 2 days to limbo
Already, our stay in Washington is coming to an end. We leave Tuesday to begin moving back to Utah. I'm excited and sad at the same time. Excited to have our own space again, to finalize potty-training with Evelyn, and sleep train Jillian. Both have been very hard to do here. Evelyn finally decided yesterday it was okay to use her potty. She has impeccable timing - any training we accomplish right before we move will more than likely be lost. Oh well. It's always kind of sad leaving a place you call home, and I will miss the help with the girls. They will miss having aunts and an uncle to play with and Grandma and Grandpa as well. Evelyn almost always greets everyone as they walk in the door from working by yelling their name happily and running up and giving their legs a hug. It's so cute, and will be missed.
I apologize for not posting for almost three weeks - I've been trying to finish projects up I started this summer, and with two kids running around, it takes time. We had fun having Nicole, Kaden and Jaren come to spend a few days with us around Brock's wedding, and were both reminded why we don't want to have twins, ever. 2 toddlers and 2 babies all together in the same house were sometimes more than our sanity wanted to handle, but it was still fun. Our neighbor Randy has horses and he periodically brings them by the house to ride, which the kids love, and even Ben got in on the action one day.
It seems that this summer, brown and pink are the colors to have at your wedding. So I was inspired one day to make this dress. My mom has a plethora of scrap fabric laying around, so it looks like a little prairie dress. Evelyn loves wearing dresses, she is already such a girl. When I have her try on dresses, she wants to stand in front of a big mirror and model.
Jillian is crawling all over the house these days, and really starting to show an impish personality. She is really feisty, and Evelyn is so laid back. If there is a fight to be had over toys, Jilly will usually start hitting first. Evelyn almost always finishes the skirmish, unfortunately. Jilly already wants to walk so bad, you could hold her hands and help her walk all day and she would be fine. The little scrunch-face she's making in the far picture is her newest, "I'm happy," signal. She does it all the time, sometimes with her tongue sticking out. She also crawls around making growling noises. We've dubbed it the "dinosaur baby."
Ben says that when country people/farmers want to have fun, they seek out the nearest natural disaster to look at. I think this is partly true. For example, we headed over to the river bluffs to look at this weekend's fire out on Rattlesnake mountain. It burnt the entire east face of the mountain, totaling 67,000 acres. Part of it was on the Hanford Nuclear Reservation, but no worries, there were no mushroom clouds to be reported.
Sorry this is so long, but I probably won't be posting again for a couple of weeks. When you hear from me again, I'll be moving in and unpacking (hopefully). Enjoy the last little bit of summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment