The girls walking together one morning shortly after the school year had started. The novelty of school has worn off by now, and we spend more mornings running to the bus stop than I would like to admit.
Doing homework together - actually Ev's the only one with homework and Jilly chooses to work out of her summer workbook.
I was gone somewhere one night and the girls constructed this hat out of an extra bed raiser we had laying around. It says, "Princess Jillian," among other things.
Boba Fett rides cows during church in Gordon's world.
The area off our balcony is a construction zone right now, where the main piping is getting replaced. We've had a few nights where the plumbers forgot to turn the hot water heater back on, equaling cold morning showers, but nothing else too bad.
The kids enjoy watching the heavy equipment, especially the little Bobcat digger. We have real bobcats running around and then the mechanical kind, so I'm not always sure which one the kids mean when they yell, "There's a bobcat!"
"Racing" at the playground. No serious injuries. Yet.
The kids concocted a "show" one afternoon outside our apartment, which they asked Ben and I to watch. It's always funny to see their shows, they act like they have a big production planned out, and then get about 2 minutes in and wing it from there. This show was about 10 minutes long, complete with singing from Evelyn, floating dances from Jill, and Gordon running around while yelping, acting like a dog, and climbing on the railing. Our neighbors either find us entertaining, loud, or weird. Maybe all three.
The show ended with the transporting of this 'nest,' with a 'baby bird' in the middle, to our porch for safe-keeping.
We rarely go to the toy section in stores, so when we do, the kids love it. They don't throw tantrums about anything, just ogle all the toys. Gordon had his eye on this toy bench and big trucks.
First day of preschool for Gordon. I love this boy and his faces. He loves acting like a dog lately, and is getting so big that when he comes running in for a hug, I have to brace myself. I love seeing his developing language and logic patterns, he comes up with some funny stuff. It all goes by too quickly.











3 comments:
nice table! it looks like a clone of ours. :)
looks like some beautiful fall weather!
Their "show" sounds so cute and funny! How fun to be parents at moments like that!
Jilly's backpack looks bigger than she is. We have finally reached some cooler fall weather, looks like you have as well!
Post a Comment