Saturday, December 31, 2005

Merry Christmas and New Year's in Idaho

 The little Christmas tree we left in our apartment. It was the only Christmas tree we had for the first 7 years of our married life I think. 
 We had Christmas dinner in the almost finished home of Tom and Patricia, who had recently moved from California to Idaho. 
Grandma Cluff and Ben making sure pie is served. 
 Christmas morning Halloween themed pajamas. Ben and I had gotten our pairs from the Gibbons grandparents, and Michelle already had hers. Grandma Cluff thought we were strange. 
 Evelyn trying to eat the soft puppets she was given. She was teething and everything went into her mouth at this point. 
 Eating the wrapping paper was good enough for her. 
 Reading one of the books Uncle Dan gave Evelyn. 
Movies and video games, favored gifts of Cluff men. 
 Auntie Chelle and Evie getting their mohawks on. 
 "Egg Baby," as I called this position. She was munching on her toes. 
 A visit to Grandma's favorite hair salon got Mom a new hair cut and Evelyn a chance to sit in the spinny chair. She was really good for the whole appointment. 
 Visiting with our friends, the Rowleys, later in the day. 
 Evelyn loved to watch me make faces in the mirror and laugh at them. 
 Dan, Ben, and Grandpa playing video games together. They pulled an all-nighter to beat Halo together. 
Evelyn eating the exercise ball and getting a snuggle from Uncle Dan. 
 Evelyn got toys that kept her occupied in the high chair at Grandma's house. 
 One afternoon the young adults took off to McCall to go tubing. Grandma and Grandpa watched Evelyn for us. 
It was a lot of fun, and one of the first times I'd been tubing since I was a young teenager. 
 We tried to take a family picture in the basement, but it didn't work out so well. This is the best one we got with Dan's awesome mustache.
 Evelyn figured out how to sit up in the bassinet portion of her portable crib and play with the toys at Grandma's house. In just a few more weeks time, I had to put her down on the floor of it because she was trying to stand up in it.

No comments: