Friday, September 19, 2014

Happy Fall!

Fall is the beginning of all craziness that is school and the holiday season. We had lots of fun to extend our summer in this month too, though. 

First off, the annual Disney passes. Sniff, sniff. They were almost expired.
 Gordon riding Splash Mountain with us one more time, Jill and I scared of the drop as ever, and Gordon declared at the end of the ride that he still didn't like it. 

Riding the train to get out of the sun. The pirate Minnie ears were Ev's choice of souvenir. Jillian got a baby stuffed Winnie the Pooh, and Gordon opted for an Indiana Jones gun. They also picked up a couple Disney pins apiece. 

 While Gordon decided that Splash Mountain wasn't his thing, he got over his fear of Grizzly Bear Peak, Space Mountain, and California Screamin.' Here he is with Dad, all wet off of Grizzly Bear Peak. He just barely squeaked by on the height requirement for California Screamin', and I won't deny the fact that he had some help from some thick-soled tennis shoes and insoles. 

 And thus ended the year of Disneyland. And it was good unto us. 

 Boom. First day of school for all three kids. Evelyn in fourth grade, Jillian in second grade, and Gordon in kindergarten. Jilly started the year in a combined 2/3 class, but quickly became overwhelmed, so we put her in a regular 2nd grade class with her buddy Joseph, and all was well again. 

 In honor of the first day of school, Ben and I took a bike ride around the Back Bay. 

 Gordon's agility met gravity and resulted in some good bruises and scrapes. He climbed up a tree and upon climbing down, a branch broke underneath him and he fell a ways. His hip hurt for a week or so, but he mended pretty quickly as he always does. 

I can solemnly swear that this may have been the first time this happened, and it was also the last (without Ben or I being in the kitchen with them). 

 Lego-mania. Ben getting artsy with his Lego set he bought for his birthday. Upon further inspection, we realized the Lego people look much like my parents. 

 I don't know what this is. I found it and thought it was funny and should be widely available to posterity. He's in his graduate office. 

 Serious movie faces with friends. I can't remember what it was, but it was serious. 

 Evelyn opted to begin learning viola this year. While she also learns piano. I must say that piano is winning (it's less squeaky and always in tune). She's got a talent for music, and if she can do two instruments, more power to her!

No comments: