August is when summer really gets started in SoCal.
Lots of pool time.
Perfecting Blendtec recipes so we can eat better and use the stove less. This particular recipe didn't turn out so well.
Ice Cream with friends one evening.
I bake bread at night so we don't heat up the oven and we have something to smear Nutella on.
A friend invited us to a beach in Newport Harbor and brought her paddleboard. She was nice enough to take Jilly and Gordon with her and I took the kids out a few times too. It was really fun.
More pool time. All the kids have got basic swimming figured out. The next step is learning some strokes to improve their swimming efficiency.
One of the bishopbric members owns a snow cone machine and brought it to one warm ward activity.
Enjoying the last days of Disney passes. I couldn't make it to some of these afternoons due to my work schedule.
I can't remember why Gordon was bummed on this ride, it's a fun ride!
We did get Uncle Dan to come with us on a Disneyland trip, we visited both parks in one day.
Big Thunder Railroad
August always ends with Ben's birthday, and this year his cycling buddies took him out to a Mexican restaurant for lunch and properly embarrassed him. :)













No comments:
Post a Comment