This is a little blurry, but it was the only evidence of the one big rainstorm we had during the rainy season of 2013-2014. The kids tried to dam the runoff from one of the nearby rain gutters and had a lot of fun in this rare desert rain.
A new bike/walkway was completed that runs toward the elementary school we attend, so one day we decided to ride bikes the 1.25 mile distance.
Jilly and her best bud Joseph at recess. I snapped the shot as I was leaving my volunteering gig in Evelyn's class.
Grandpa Chickens was in town for work and read with the kids one night after dinner. It was "The Horse and His Boy" from the Chonicles of Narnia.
Gordon and Max pretending to be Spiderman...I think.
We went up to Uncle Dan's and had late breakfast one morning. Evelyn was just learning how to cook scrambled eggs at this point.
A Sunday afternoon bike ride to the top of the parking structure to see the view.
I also became the proud new owner of a road bike, and this was one of the first rides. Gordon rode the tag-along behind Ben and we went around the Newport Back Bay. It is a popular bird watching location.
Lyndsey and Ryan came to visit and see the Disney parks with us.
Spent one afternoon at the beach and employing Ryan's awesome digging skills to dig deep holes.
After church at Corona Del Mar.
Pandemic, the board game that became a family sensation.
Silly Symphony Swings.
Jilly being emo while waiting for lunch. She looks like a celebrity.
I think we had to wait for a little bit for Flik's Flyers to start, so we started pulling faces.
And kissing. Ew.

















No comments:
Post a Comment