Monday, March 17, 2008
Nosotros que profesamos el culto de los libros
I had a crazy weekend. I cam home Friday night, spent some time with the girls and with Shaunie and after Evelyn went to bed and Shaunie was rocking Jillian to sleep I hopped in the car and went to my office. I stayed from 9pm to 3am. The funniest part about it, I wasn't the only one there. I went in Saturday at about noon and Shaunie and the girls picked me up at abut 8pm. After they all went to bed, I was up until 5am. Reading, grading papers, writing outlines for my term papers. Strange is the life we lead, nosotros que profesamos el culto de los libros. Here are some pictures to document the weekend that was lost forever in the pages of fiction...
This is the top of my desk, a lot of these books will be used in my thesis. I'll be reading many of them this spring. The papers are tests and writing assignments that need to be graded. And of course, there is my mate (pronounced mah-tay), it's a beautiful thing.
I share a desk with my friend Jared. He's sane though so he was at home when I took this picture. Jared filled his candy jar with M&M's on Thursday and they were gone on Saturday. He used to have Atomic Fireballs but those lasted longer because nobody likes them.
Here is my picture of Shaunie, I need to get a picture of the girls up there too. When I'm at school the real Shaunie can't be there so I have to settle for a simulacrum.
Here is the full view. In the lower left-hand corner you can see part of blanket because I thought about sleeping there that night. The two gentlemen in black and white would like to remain anonymous but if you can figure out who they are you can earn a gold star!
This is the community electrical hot water kettle (We all use it for our mate) that will disappear in the spring, then I'll have to heat my water up at home
This is my friend Cody talking with his fiancé Karina (she's in Chile) on Skype. On top of the desk is the community pillow, Mr. Penguin. Whenever someone takes a nap, Mr. Penguin helps them soften the harsh reality of sleeping on a hard desk/floor. I guess you can call him the office mascot, and Cody is kind of like the office little brother, everyone either teases him or gives him hugs...also, Cody is one of the few people Jillian likes more than Daddy. Whenever he comes over for dinner or movie night, both Evelyn and Jillian will let Cody hold them, he's like an uncle.
This is my buddy Chris who I met in the MTC many years back. Destiny has brought us together in the same field of study, one year apart. We hope to one day have offices right next to each other at Harvard...or wherever we get hired.
This is someone's desk. I thought the mess was exemplary, it's always a work in progress. This person told me today that in a "good" month, a good month for books that is, he will drop about $200 on books. Sometimes I'm jealous of that, but I don't read as quickly, and I get to come home to this every night...

In the mind of a two year old this makes sense, Mr. Potatohead ears go in the holes on the side of his head, so they should also go in the holes in the side of my head. AWESOME!!! I love my girls!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the mr. potato head ears. very funny. and those pictures are cute.
I don't know how you go that long without sleep. I couldn't do it. Good luck accomplishing everything!
So I guess my hubby isn't the only one who stays up all night for school. I can't wait til he's done
Funny you should ask about the two guys in teh balck & white photos, I was wondering who they were. THe bottom one looks like Greg Stoner with a Will Shakespeare beard & goatee wearing John Lennon Glasses. I'm sure you'll correct me.
When I saw the Potateo Head Ears in the girls ears my thoughts were...Is there a Potatoe Head Face like the Q-Tip Face?
Post a Comment