Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dresses and More

Here is some visual aid to help you all visualize our exciting country life.
These dresses for the girls were my project this weekend. I made my skirt a few weeks back (this is the "fire truck" outfit, as Kaden puts it), and bought too much fabric. I bought more so I could make these dresses. The girls love them. So much that within 20 minutes of these pictures, they both had food on them and had to take them off. Yay for stain remover! My grand plan was to wear all these outfits to church today, but Jilly decided to stage a sleep rebellion, and wouldn't go to bed until midnight last night and was up from 3:30 am to 6:30 am. She wasn't grumpy, she just thought it was time to get up, eat "bekast" and watch a "moooovie." She finally fell back asleep and slept in until 11:30 this morning. She's been fighting a cold/croup illness, so that's thrown her off I think. So neither her or I went to church this morning.

Besides sewing, I've been catching up on scrapbooking I've been putting off for the last 7 months or so. I'm trying to get caught up to only being 18 months behind. Haha. Good luck to me.
Us levitating on the trampoline. Ben's all about the cool picture. It was really windy and cold here the last week. It's been really weird June weather.

A favorite past-time of the girls - watching me bake. Evelyn really gets more excited than she looks in this picture. The best part for them is eating the dough when it's all done.
Evelyn's ears from nursery last week. She loves going to nursery with Grandma. It's been really nice not having to go into nursery. (I've been going to nursery nearly every Sunday for over a year now, calling/separation anxiety for Ev). I really don't mind being there, but getting more out of church has been fun. Last week Ev has what Jilly's got now, and was really sad she couldn't go. That's the first time that's ever happened. I just hope it goes home with us to Utah.
Here is the last standing of the full beard. It was fun (not shaving) while it lasted. Ben's skin wasn't liking it so well, so that's why he shaved it already. I didn't think he would until we got back to Utah.
This is during the shaving process. Nice lamb chops, huh? Personally, I'm glad they went away. Not a big fan of chops. Now he has a nice goatee he plans on keeping until someone comes down on him at BYU for having facial hair. Then it will become a wicked 'stache'.
Jilly being silly.
We caught Evelyn playing 'mommy' a few mornings back. She told Jilly she needed a bum change, and Jill laid right down and Evelyn took care of it, except for putting the diaper on. Then she stripped off Jill's jammies because "you need cothes on." Jill just ended up running around naked for a little while, which she loves. I was laughing that Jill ended up holding still for the entire process. She is very patient with big sister, most of the time. About 3 hours later, they started fighting over some treasured marbles, and Evelyn reached in front of Jilly to get some. Jill defended her stash by using her teeth on Evelyn's cheek. And she gave her a really good bite. We could even see the big gap in Jill's teeth imprinted on Ev's cheek. She's still got a nice purple bruise. It was Jill's first big biting incident. Need to nip that in the bud.




10 comments:

Jenny said...

You are so rad. I love those dresses! Way to go for making coordinating outfits.

NaDell said...

Cute dresses. How much longer are you in the Basin? My older girl is our "trainer" for our younger to be potty-trained. She tells her what to do and turns the water on and off since #2 can't reach yet. Mostly she just does this when I'm busy nursing #3.

Kari said...

Those dresses are so cute, you are so talented! Glad you guys are enjoying your time on the farm!

The Mothership said...

cute dresses. I am hoping the weather warms up as well. Weird weather for June here too. We've already had 2.02 inches of rain when the June average is 2.26 . Yeah, it's been raining that much.

Glad to see your little girls play nice together sometimes. These two boys don't . . .at all!

DK Johnston said...

those dresses are so cute! Jilly looks so grown up and so does Evelyn. We are having yucky weather over here too. I am in desperate need for some sunshine! Maggie just lit up when she saw these pictures of Evelyn.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Shaunie you inspire me. I almost went on a cleaning spree in attempt to be a better homemaker then I remembered my headache and decided not to. I don't know why, but this post made me laugh which was well needed.

Di Cluff said...

So you are in the matching outfit stage? Cool, I remember when I was in that stage, once with Dan, Ben & Chuck and then there were the sailor suits I made them for Easter; great memories. It's always such a fun adventure with Jilly & Evelyn, we always love hearing about everything they do. Ben you look more like Dan's brother than ever with a beard.

Lynn Gurney said...

Ben, the beard is awesome!! I am quite impressed. So, thick, full, and manly. When you go for the mustache do the drop down/handlebar stash. Yes the dresses are cute, but the facial hair takes all. Way to go Ben. Keep up the good work.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

I know I read over most of this after you posted, but forgot to comment. I was missing you guys so checked it out again and here I am.

I am always amazed at all your great homemaking skills Shaunie. When you say, "These dresses for the girls were my project this weekend." I thought, 'Sheesh If I were to make dresses it would definitely take longer then a weekend to do.' You all look super cute.

I like the trampoline picture too and I love your shoes and still want some bad.

I love your face in the baking picture. Guess you didn't know it was coming. You really do look pretty and your hair is cute.

Ben, you did good on the beard. Sorry it had to end.

Thanks for the update guys. We sure miss you!