Friday, July 18, 2008

Evelyn is 3!!!!!

Oh, how time flies. Once Evelyn used to be my sweet, gurgling baby. Now she is my rather tall 3 year old, who wants to prance around in princess clothes all day, and do her version of ballroom dancing. It's really just spinning around in circles...maybe dancing will be this winter's activity....

Here she is when she saw her little surprise after she woke up. We've been telling her for 2 months it would be her birthday next. And she was excited!

She got Anastasia from Uncle Nate and Aunt Michelle, a movie she fell in love with at my parent's house.
After breakfast, she rode the bus with Ben to school. This may have been the best part of the day in her opinion. At BYU, Ben bought balloons for her, she picked blue, and they ate doughnuts at Sugar 'n' Spice. Even at her early age, she is a devoted doughnut fan.
We invited our friends from the ward to a little birthday party (thanks for coming!). I made her a little tower of cupcakes. I've yet to make an actual cake for her birthday, I like making cupcakes better I guess. It turned out much better than originally planned, thanks to a book called "Hello, Cupcake!" A very cool reference and idea book for the cupcake fan.
I made her a "Belle" dress for her birthday, she also liked watching Beauty and the Beast out in Washington. Now I get to take her to the store and she'll pick out buttons, ribbons, etc. to put on it.
I found this gift on clearance, it's a storybook pillow of Princess Aurora, Jasmine, and Belle. It open and closes like a book, but is soft. She threw her regular pillow off her bed that night and slept on the book. It didn't work too well, the book is rather small for a pillow. Can you see Jilly's look of envy?
The last gift of the night was from Grandma Cluff, a Sleeping Beauty dress (or Sweeping Booty in Evelynese). I asked for a large size (6 to be exact) ensuring it won't get too small any time soon. The Cinderella dress Jill's got on was Ev's gift last year, and she promptly outgrew it in about 3 months. Now they can both be princesses, and they put on thier crowns, and shoes, and walk all over the house saying, "Mommy, I wanna dance!" I'm teaching them to dance with each other. They usually end up bored or knocking each other over. Must be all that tulle.

This picture is for my family. Does it look familiar? Evelyn's first ice cream cone. She knew how to lick the ice cream, but wasn't so sure about the cone. To let you in on a little joke, I have a picture like this of myself, except I was six and sticking my tongue as far as humanly possible down the cone to get the ice cream out. I didn't like to eat the cone, I just liked my ice cream in it.
And congratulations to Jill, she has graduated from the little red babydoll stroller to the larger green babydoll stroller. Splendid.

6 comments:

Di Cluff said...

Birthdays are the best and they only get more fun the older one gets. I am so sad we couldn't travel down this year. Thanks for the virtual party.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Oh they are so cute. Happy Birthday Evelyn! You look great by the way Shaunie.

Janelle said...

Evelyn is such a cutie! I hope she had a great birthday! The water park is in Spanish Fork-we should go together some time. Give me a call!

The Mothership said...

what a fun birthday. That's a cute idea for a donut date with Dad. I love her purple shoes. Those must be the ones you hate! :)

That picture of her eating the ice cream cone looks just like you. I think you should post them side by side and see how much. It would be interesting to see.

I liked Ben's post about music. How cute that they sit and listen! I love their matching dresses.

Kari said...

Happy Birthday Evelyn! Looks like she had quite the day! That picture of her eating the ice cream cone looks exactly like you!

The Greenacres said...

Shaunie you're an inspiration. It is great to see how well you and your family are doing. I can't believe how much Evelyn looks like you in some of those pictures. I'm also jealous of your piano. I'm currently looking for one for free on craig's list. NOw that I have room I've really been craving(if you can crave such a thing) one. Music is a wonderful thing Ben's knowledge of such things is impressive.

Take care.