1. I love chocolate. That's not spectacular. I really like dark chocolate though, especially when it's baked into a warm, fudgy, delectable brownie. The problem I run into is eating half the pan, instead of one. This doesn't effect my waistline (not yet at least), just my digestive system. So if I don't want issues, I have to limit this indulgence. So sad.
2. I'm finding I really can't stand figuring out details. I'm a big picture person: see the big picture, have it all come together, forget all the little details. This is mostly applicable to church callings. I want to hand off an assignment, and I expect it to get done. If not, someone will endure my wrath when I have to fix the details. This is probably why I dread being on the Ward Activities Committee. Parties are all about details.
3. I cannot stand to be breathed on. This hails from my childhood when my little brothers, as a form of teasing, would run up to me, and expel a huge, stinky breath in my face (love you lots guys). So poor Ben, if he's sleeping too close to my face, one of us has to move, lest I suffocate.
4. I find weather/infectious disease phenomena fascinating. And terrifying. And hoping I never have to encounter it. I guess I just like to be knowledgeable. Discovery channel is the great evil in this with shows like,"Death by strange, rare, flesh-eating bacteria" or "The 10 deadliest storms ever that we speculate are happening more often so we're all gonna die in one of them." Real uplifting stuff that.
5. Speaking of drama, I can no longer watch dramatic movies before bed. If I do, I can't turn the movie off in my head, and I can't sleep. It will play for days sometimes, making me crazy. I must settle for a very tame issue of the Ensign, or a chapter in the Joseph Smith manual, scriptures, or Jane Austen. It always puts me in a sleeping mind frame.
6. My housework seems to be multiplying these days. And the kitchen floor always falls to the bottom of the chore list. I really despise mopping. I think my floor is going on three weeks. And to be truthful, it really doesn't look that bad. Probably because a pitcher of apple juice hasn't spilled on it yet. I really like doing laundry, which is good because I can no longer get by on my 2 loads a week.
From the other tag: I want to see a nice, emerald beach sometime; travel with Ben to Latin America; favorite movies in recent memory are Stardust and Cold Comfort Farm; I love my husband because we complement each other so well; I look forward to big changes in the next year, some with excitement and others with anxiety. The year will tell!
I nominate Kate, Kaylan, and Erin to share 6 random things about themselves.
3 comments:
While you may like infectious diseases, dark chocolate and folding laundry and hate being breathed on and mopping floors you are the best daughter-in-law I could ever have. Thanks for all the good times, phone conversations, being a great mom and a wife to Ben.
Thanks for sharing. It was fun to read more about you!
I am right there with you on the movie thing. Especially when I'm pregnant.
And funny, too, that you hate being breathed on. When Tyler and I were first married, it didn't bother me (young love!) but now it does. And I do feel like I'm going to suffocate too.
sorry to bombard you with another tag!
Post a Comment