I really don't know what to title this, it's been a crazy week full of meetings and appointments.
Evelyn absolutely loved dressing up in her chicken suit. My neighbor dubbed her "Chicken Little" on our jaunt around the neighborhood trick-or-treating. Jilly was wary of the monkey suit at first, but got over it enough to wear it everyday for the next week after she tried it on. We went to a ward carnival, the library story time, and trick-or-treating. It felt like a real Halloween.

Enjoying their spoils. This is the first time I've ever let them have a lot of candy at one time, and I was unprepared for the sugar high they were both on for the next 2 1/2 hours. They got used to it pretty quickly because the next day there was no problem with the sugar.
Jilly did this the other night right before family prayer. She sang a song, which I cannot remember right now, while her head was in the box. She reminded me of a curious puppy.
Evelyn started saying prayers on her own this week, ("Mommy, don't help me!"). She is thankful for her chicken suit, Jill's monkey suit, food, all family members, and for Jilly peeing her pants at the park the other day. I guess I'm grateful her bladder functions properly.
This morning while I did dishes the girls played "church." It involved four or more prayers, interspersed by 15 second song bites. They sang "I am a child of God", "As I Have Loved You", and "Teach me to walk in the Light." I'm not sure what pulling out the couch cushions has to do with church, maybe it makes the seat more uncomfortable like the chapel benches.
The baby is fine, maybe it'll be a boy because it's such an active little thing. I've felt it moving around since 15 weeks, and yesterday it was pummeling me for 4 hours. We make an ultrasound appointment next week.
Evelyn absolutely loved dressing up in her chicken suit. My neighbor dubbed her "Chicken Little" on our jaunt around the neighborhood trick-or-treating. Jilly was wary of the monkey suit at first, but got over it enough to wear it everyday for the next week after she tried it on. We went to a ward carnival, the library story time, and trick-or-treating. It felt like a real Halloween.
Evelyn started saying prayers on her own this week, ("Mommy, don't help me!"). She is thankful for her chicken suit, Jill's monkey suit, food, all family members, and for Jilly peeing her pants at the park the other day. I guess I'm grateful her bladder functions properly.
The baby is fine, maybe it'll be a boy because it's such an active little thing. I've felt it moving around since 15 weeks, and yesterday it was pummeling me for 4 hours. We make an ultrasound appointment next week.
10 comments:
Sounds like a good week. I love their pretend church play and Evelyn's prayer. How exciting about the upcoming ultra sound. Glad you are feeling well, at least it seems.
I'm so sad we missed story time:( The girls are so cute...I love that they play together so well. I hope maggie and lincoln get to that point someday. Right now maggie pretty much tortures lincoln...and once in a while they play and laugh. The church thing cracks me up. Isn't it great to see that church is having such an influence on them??! Can't wait to hear your ultrasound news!!
The girls look so cute in their costumes. I also loved the play church and the corn box on the head. I especially love that Evely was thankful for Jilly peeing her pants. It gives me a whole new outlook on things.
I love how curious they are becoming and soo independent. Very cute!!
I love the girls' halloween costumes! They look adorable in the pictures. Also, a late congratulations on baby #3.
CONGRATS! Yeah, I know I'm a little slow, but sometimes I don't check blogs for awhile with 3 kidlins running around the house. That's so exciting! Really? Are you rooting for a boy? Be careful what you wish for...
Halloween looked like a lot of fun at the Cluff's house! As for the comment on the scenery back east. Ben is right. The eastern states are more "lush" looking with all of the trees and bushes. It has to do with the climate and it being so humid here in the Summer. I absolutely love it! I grew up where there were tons of trees but they were pine and not as pretty as the maple, dogwood and sycamore trees are back here. Hope it works out for Ben with school and wherever he wants to go!
When you come through at Christmas bring the chicken suit, Evelyn can wear it when she gathers the eggs:) Jilly's antics remind me of Ben's when he was a little one. Now that I think of it they remind me of his antics today too! When Ben was 2 we couldn't get him out of his devil suit. He wore it for a week straight, even sleeping in it. Dan wore his Dracula cape for a long time too. He was Dracula for 6 Halloweens in a row.
cute pictures. I looked at them at Mom and Dad's last week and haven't done much blogging this week. I need to call you! Are mom and dad coming to visit you guys? I hope so!
I love that your girls played "church". Now you KNOW they pay attention and learn, even if it doesn't seem like it on Sundays. :)
I'm the tenth person to say it, but how adorable that your kids play church. Your family belongs in the Ensign :) When I was a kid one of our favorites was playing mental hospital. I don't know what that says about us... :)
Post a Comment