The title is from a Dixie Chicks song that came out quite a while ago. I've been vacationing for over two weeks now. This trip marks the longest time Ben and I have been apart. I think he misses us more because there are no little people running around showering love and messes all over the apartment, and I'm not there of course. I took off in part to allow Ben time to concentrate on writing his thesis, which has been a much more difficult process than either of us anticipated. It seems he's finally on a solid writing road though, and that was great news to hear.
I think what I miss the most about him is just hearing him talk, bounce ideas off me, and the stimulating conversation I have with him. I also really miss seeing him interact with the kids. Gordon has already changed quite a bit in the 2 1/2 weeks we'll be gone. Hopefully on Sunday, we'll all be together again in the hot July sunshine.
Do I have pictures to show for all my travels? Not really. Haven't had to recharge the camera batteries once. I'm just awesome like that.
3 comments:
It was so good to see you and your little ones. Thanks for letting me hold Gordon...I sooo love babies!
How fun that you got to go see family but I understand it is hard to be apart. Post pictures of little Gordon when you can! We walked by your new place, it is just across the parking lot from us and there is a playground close by!
I have some pictures of you and the kids on your trip. I miss you and the kids already.
Post a Comment