Life is finally starting to slow down a little bit. It's been really nice. I don't handle having to be gone out of my house every single day very well. It just falls all to pieces!
Here are some thing we are enjoying lately:
Gordon's growing independence. He's mobile and loves it. He loves his food too, applesauce and white grape juice being his favorites. He also has started 'singing' himself to sleep. I hum songs to him while he's going to sleep, and now he's humming back. It's so sweet.
The library. I'm reading Austenland right now.
Jilly is finally liking nursery, mostly because the older nursery kids are going to primary for part of the time. She is slowly finding some more friends her age. She has latched more quickly onto Mommy's friends than kids her own age.
Pumpkin desserts. (Did you know there's a pumpkin shortage?)
Evelyn's got lots of boys to play with. She's sort of becoming a tomboy. ("NO mom! I do not want pigtails! Only a pony-tail!"). I need to find her some girls to balance out the testosterone.
The beach.
A date. (This is a big deal for us). We went out to Chinese for our 6th anniversary, probably the first real Chinese food I've had, and then went to walk on the beach. The moon wasn't out though, and it was kind of cold. We'll plan better next time for the full moon.
College football. We have 8 sports channels here, but only watch about 3 of them. Still, it's a lot of football (for me). ESPN's College Gameday was in Provo today, and they panned the scenery, and we both shed a tear for nostalgia's sake. We'll both be okay though.
But this little girl...
P.S. Mothers of little boys: what diapers work best on your boys? Gordon is leaking out of his during the night about 80% of the time. Do you just buy a bigger size? I can't do Huggies or their off-brands (Kirkland) because he's allergic to them.
9 comments:
i'm sorry your girls aren't enjoying cali yet. hopefully soon. it will be nice to have grandma and grandpa come visit for a while!
about the diaper thing...i've had that happen with all my boys at some point or another. try buying a bigger size, that usually solved the problem for us. good luck!
When our kids started leaking out of diapers, I tried to remember to change them when I went to bed (and hopefully not wake them too much) or put two diapers on them. That seems to help a little.
Love the photos. When I saw Ben I was like, GAH! who is that with the Cluffs! But for just a second.
Sorry about the peeing out @ night. I normally just go up a size. Or you know, use cloth...
Just for the record, I don't dig the beard in that picture. Trimming a beard and stache is much harder than I thought. I need to let the cheeks grow out a bit to get the lumberjack vibe going again.
WE wish you could bring your beds and everything back to Utah!
We had problems like that off and on with our little guy. WE would just put him in a bigger size at night until he seemed OK with one size all around.
Moving is so hard! Poor Jilly. I love that Evelyn is a tom boy. Maggie is too. The only kids she plays with at preschool are boys. Liam and Jack. There are tons of girls in her class but she won't play with any of them. She's happier playing trains, cars, & pretending to be a cheetah than playing with girly stuff. Oh well!
As for the diapers...have you tried LUVS yet? I really liked those with Lincoln. I was given a "diaper" baby shower and have been able to experiment with all kinds of diapers on Isaac. For him the LUVs work the best too. Target brand ones aren't bad either. Good luck!
I'd say go up a size. I remember with Michael he was on the biggest size diaper at such young age but hey no more leaking.
I get a little Utah sick mostly for mountains and no smoking. Everyone smokes here it seems!
College football?! Boiler up!
Wow that kid can move, impressive. Where there is a will there is a way. He might be a very determined little fellow. I love that he hums back to you. Take care.
Post a Comment