Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Day

We didn't do much for Christmas Eve, except for the watching of the "Joy to the World" dvd, and talking about the Christmas story. We did open one present, and explained to the girls why we give presents at Christmas. I'm sad we didn't get our gingerbread men finished in time to put out for Santa, but next year we'll just have to start earlier in the day.
Gordon got biter biscuits in his stocking. He was happy with that.

Santa organized a treasure hunt for the girls to find the pieces to this table and chairs set from Grandma and Grandpa Chickens. That was fun. I want to do that again next year.

Jilly wearing all her girlie stuff. They got princess stickers, lip gloss, sunglasses, headbands, etc. and Jilly was modeling it all.
We didn't actually open presents until after we did Christmas dinner, because we were waiting for Uncle Dan and Tante Elke (tante is German for aunt). I liked doing it that way. It didn't feel so anti-climactic to me, and filled the day in with fun stuff to look forward to. I think Ben had the hardest time waiting. This is Evelyn in her hooded towel from Grandma Cow pretending to be at the beach. Or something. I'm not entirely sure.
Playing with a new game from Aunt Chelle and Uncle Nate.
The baby escapee. Escaping clean from diaper changes, that is. You can see his two little front teeth.

Today we drove up to Torrance so Ben could be temporarily reunited with two best friends from high school. They joked and reminisced while us women took care of all the scrambling kids. We were home by 6:30. So not a party evening for us, but that's just about how we like it. I think we'll pop in a movie now. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

NaDell said...

Sounds like a great Christmas.
My mom did a scavenger hunt each year. We had a tiny stocking hung in our rooms that she would put a quarter and a clue in and maybe a candy cane.
The clue would lead us all over the house (and sometimes outside) to find one present (sometimes very small). Once my present was a set of "pearls" in the garbage can. The wrap that was on our present was the wrapping paper used on the rest of our presents under the tree and we wouldn't know which gifts were ours until after finding the first one. My mom didn't want kids snooping, but I think it was fun, complicated, but fun.
I love seeing pictures of your cute family.

DK Johnston said...

Fun! Evelyn is looking so grown up to me. Cute kids. Glad you had a good Christmas!