Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Before the Rain

We are finally entering the rainy season here, and boy, is it rainy. I've never lived in a place where so much water falls in a short amount of time. Before that though, we enjoyed some fun with Grandma and Grandpa Cows who were taking a hiatus from the frozen deserts of Washington. Here are some pictures we caught one afternoon:

After lots of Evelyn pictures like the one above, Daddy caught the one below:
This boy is always happy at the beach.


Evelyn loves playing in the waves. Jilly, not so much.
We went to look at the tide pools, but sadly couldn't find any starfish. These "nenamies" were pretty cool though.
The south end of Corona del Mar.
The sun sinking into Catalina.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

How lucky to be able to visit such gorgeous spots. Wow. Looking at those pictures really reminds you there is a loving God. Your kid's pictures are super cute. What fun!

Emily said...

What great pics! I especially love the one of Evelyn, she is going to have all the boys after her one day! Check out our blog, I posted some of the pics from the park! oh and video too!

The Mothership said...

I especially like the picture of Ben surfing, on your blog background :) Fun times at the beach, Just don't let ben bring up any stories about me.

Robinson said...

I love all your pictures at the beach! You're so lucky to live so close and that your kids enjoy going. We are also experiencing rain storms here in the Bay Area. It really is amazing how much rain falls in the early mornings.

tHe PitCheR mEmoRiEs said...

Beautiful pictures! It makes me want to go to the beach!! The girls have been talking about going ALL winter!:)

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

oh I need to see the Beach again, its been almost 4 years.

Janelle said...

Beautiful Pictures Shaunie! How I miss CA and especially the beach-sigh! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it there. Gordon is adorable! He's getting so big. I love his eyes. We miss you guys! We're having Karissa's b-day party on Sat and she keeps asking for Jillian and Evelyn to be there. Poor girl, she doesn't quite get the whole-they live far away idea. :)

DK Johnston said...

we really need to come visit!!

the rogers blog said...

loving the pics. Cally looks so beautiful. I hope we get to visit sometime!!