Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Do you love your camera?

Then please tell me what kind it is! Our camera is shooting its last pictures, and is needing to be replaced. We are kind of out of the loop as far as cameras go.

Another request: What toys/games do your kids enjoy playing with the most? Our kids, mostly the girls, are not very interested in their toy offerings any more. I've been doing the 'well I LOVED this when I was little, so they'll love it too. ' Umm, not working, I've finally realized. I've asked them what they would like, and their answers are not inspiring many ideas either ("I want a leeetle rubber ducky," " I want a cool Barbie!"). You can guess who said which. I don't care whether you've got boys or girls, let me know!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

Right now our kids are very into Connect 4, cards for slap jack, barbies, American Girl Doll crap, the fishing game with the poles that the fish spin around in and Hullabaloo. And art junk.

NaDell said...

My kids love crafty things. Construction paper, tape, scissors, crayons, washable markers, etc. They also really like Polly Pockets and Pet Shops.

My camera isn't all that great, but it's a Fujifilm Finepix Z20. I like it, but would rather have a fancy camera, of course. The upside is that it fits in my pocket and purse to make it easier to take pictures.

The Mothership said...

my boys consistently play with their matchbox cars and a hunting/fishing set that they got for christmas. It has mini deer, antelope, fish, men, poles, etc that they carry around. It's pretty funny. Other than that, it's not much that they play with. I really should get rid of some toys now that I think about it...

Good luck with the camera hunt. We have a Nikon Coolpix something or other. It takes pretty good pictures. It would probably be easier to figure out if we actually read the owners manual! :D

Lynn Gurney said...

Legos are a favorite at our house. I also found some really cool snap beads at target that most kids and adults love to play with when they come over. They can make necklaces, earrings, bracelets , or little men with them :)

Lynn Gurney said...

I love my camera, but it was too expensive. I got it for work. It's a Cannon SLR, type camera the latest one. It takes wonderful pictures. E-mail me if you want more info.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Brogan loves hishot wheels Mega blocks, Tool bench, Cooking toys and coloring books etc. (most of thsoe were his b-day/ Christmas Gifts so they are new.

Ashley said...

We really want to buy a super nice large lens camera, but for now we have a small one I really like. We have a Canon Powershot SD630 Digital Elph. We have had it for about 3 years and have never had problems with it taking good pictures. I like that the view screen on the back is almost as big as the camera. It's nice and small and I like the rechargeable plug-in battery. The life on the battery seems to be a bit shorter now (it is over 3 years old), but I am sure all we'd have to do is get a new battery.

I bet if you got your girls more boy toys it would be a fun change. Like a bunch of cheap cars and created a road they could drive on using drawn-on boxes or a cheap new shower curtain. Graysen got a doll house for Christmas that both kids enjoy; You could make one with cheap wood for their dolls or use old cardboard boxes and such to create something fun.

Catherine said...

my four year old is in love with the leapfrog "scribble & write" (google it, or check it out at wal-mart..seriously great!)I am really big into educational toys, books, ect. You can't go wrong with leap frog brand for the most part. Other than that they play with dinosaurs and balls and cars. (at least during the Idaho winter.. during the summer you really can't beat a shovel and some dirt outside) You should have your girls help you plant a garden.. even if is just a window box with herbs or flowers..the long growing season in CA is wonderful!

Janelle said...

Hi Shaunie, Karissa was thrilled about the "Jasmine" song too! They even get to wear little crowns. Does her teacher know little girls or what??? Karissa loves Princess stuff (of course) She likes the princess barbies that can go in the bath. I like them because you can't take the clothes off-jsut a little skirt. She has a painted on leotard and she changes color in the tub. Karissa has Aurora y Cinderella-she loves them! I also found some foam princesses for the bath (wal-mart)-she loves these also along with bath crayons. She likes puzzles, art stuff, her kitchen set, snap beads to make jewelry, books, dolls, dress ups, playdoh sets,snap and play Fisher price dolls.

Cherine said...

Right now my kids are into board games (okay just Michael) and Abigail is into whatever I am. Since I am unpacking a nice cardboard box and some markers goes a long way!!!