Sunday, May 2, 2010

Saturday

I have kids. 3 sometimes crazy ones. And my lack of blogging lately has been due to this: life with children. I'm busy, busy, busy, because they are so busy. The girls went to a friend's house to play yesterday, and I went shopping at Target with Gordon. Here are my random shopping thoughts:

Both pairs of glasses that I wear are currently broken due to one adorable boy. Both pairs have been fixed at least twice. I'm hoping they can take another repair job. Ben says I should "invest" in a really nice pair of sunglasses. Between me and kids though, they won't last.

I like Milano mint cookies. I ate half the bag on the way home from shopping.

Keeping a small apartment clean is a lot of work.

Shopping with one child is easy. If it's not late afternoon. I ended up opening the snacks I was buying and the grabber cups I bought to hold the snacks.

I'm going to attempt Seaworld (without Ben) this week. I hope I survive.

Evelyn is so ready for kindergarten. I'm half-way through registering her. I have mixed emotions about letting her go, but she will love it. Especially the lunchbox she is anticipating for her birthday.

I'm going to break down and get a gym membership. I have been putting it off since we moved here, mostly because I don't want to spend the money. I'm a cheapskate. While I don't need to lose weight, I have realized that if I had to run for more than 10 minutes right now, I would probably die.

Gordon is in that hard transition between one and two naps. He is now waking up more at night than he has for a few months. I envy parents whose kids seem to fall into a good sleep pattern without much screaming involved.

The spring season in California has been the one season that most closely resembles what I grew up with: 60-70 degrees and windy.

I was obviously only shopping with one kid. I actually had the time or clarity to think! There will be pictures from Seaworld. Sometime in the next two weeks is my goal.

5 comments:

Ben said...

I might add that even when things are crazy, Shaunie always manages to look good (ifyouknowwhatI'msayin'). In all seriousness though, she is an incredible Mom and 3 out of 3 children recommend her over their Daddy. This is only one of the 3276 reasons that I married her. When I'm finished with classes I owe her a vacation, and you can quote me on that.

Jenny said...

Shaunie,
Those mint cookies are amazing! And since you are so thin, you could totally make a smore in the microwave with a ghiradeli mint square with that cookie as the top of the smore and it would be heavenly.

Then you could go burn it off at the gym.... I know how you feel. I need to exercise so I have the energy to take care of my children.

Emily said...

Ok, I know I comment on all your blog posts, I just think you guys are the coolest people.

I know what you mean about keeping a small apartment clean! Or is it just an old apartment so it doesn't stay clean long, I promise so much dust comes in the windows!

Have so much fun at Sea World! I'm sure the kids will love it. Did you get a sweet deal like you were talking about?

Evelyn will be the cutest kindergartner around! I remember being so excited about my lunchbox too, and it was a hand me down from my older sister, it was Holly Hobbie.

That's so great about the gym pass! I've made a goal to go every Thursday night, and then one other time during the week that works out. It literally stares at me through my window every day! haha. If you want to go together one night a week I would love it. It helps me to have some one to meet, so I'm committed.

It was fun seeing you guys at Brooke's party, i felt a little silly being there, we were just in the parking lot then walked over to say hi because we saw some friends, didn't realize it was a party! Jackie invited us to stay, so nice.

and we're right there with you with the nap thing. That's why I left after sacrament meeting . . .wished we could've chatted at church, then i probably wouldn't have written a novel here on your blog!

The Mothership said...

it's amazing how much easier it is to shop with just one kid. I would love it if i could do that every time I had to go somewhere. And to think that I used to stress out about taking Kaden when he was a baby....

we have a gym membership and i still don't go. so good luck, I really hope you can make it work! I'm so bad at going - there never seems to be a good time. I guess I'm not committed enough. Oh well, have a wonderful springy week! Hope you are getting better weather than we have here!

Cherine said...

Shaunie...3 kids is different. Still adjusting and I figure it will take me a while to figure out my current gig. But busy I understand.

Good luck with the gym and Sea World (brave girl).