Where I grew up there was a car show titled, "Hot August Nights." But nothing in this post happens at night. So there's my little pun.
Here's my attempt at recording our last few weeks of summer break. I can't say it was the end of summer, because it's summer for at least 10 months out of the year here. We just can't be as spontaneous about doing stuff now.
Our favorite beach, on a busy day.
Sand is starting to taste gross to this kid (finally). I think most normal people find the texture a little hard to swallow.
Going to the surf with my two water babies.
The 'not a beach' girl. Happily collecting shells within the two foot perimeter around the beach blanket.
I love, love, love hydrangeas. I bought this one in Trader Joe's because it screamed at me to take it home. I had never seen a hydrangea of this type before. I love the color, and hopefully the love I have for it means it will live for a few months on my front porch.
Harry Potter.....actually just the doctor kit glasses that Gordon wears to imitate Mom and Dad's sunglasses.
Our good friends Jared and Emily have parents that live not too far from our homes, and have this awesome pool set-up in the backyard. We also had grilled burgers and garden-fresh tomatoes. Loved the tomatoes so much. Thanks for the invite guys!
On the way back home from the pool excursion. I don't think Harry Potter would approve of this. Maybe he would.
Ben's birthday was toward the end of August, and for the first time in Ben and I's existence together, we had a planned birthday party. (We've always been driving while vacationing on his birthday for the last 7 years). We had éclair torte and apple pie, and the kids tore apart all the common room sofas in grand fashion. A very appropriate Sunday activity.
Not pictured: Ben giving surfing a try (fun but he hurt his shoulder), joining a softball league, kids playing in a sprinkler on the lawn (I'm not entirely sure this is legal in our apartment complex, but they didn't say 'no' in the lease, so...), Evelyn starting kindergarten (this will be pictured, eventually), Gordon taking spectacular falls (two chipped teeth, super bruised gums, bitten tongue, etc.), going to swim at more swimming pools (so grateful for nice friends in our no A/C situation), etc. Life is just not slowing down!
A post in under 30 minutes. Amazing!
5 comments:
I don't think that I have anything to do with Gordon and the picking of the nose... hopefully. and make sure that you buy a keg (wink wink) of Virgils if I do happen to go south for spring break...
Looks like fun! When does Evelyn start school?
All the beach pictures are great! I love that you are a beach family. Wish we lived in California at the same time, so we could tag along on all your adventures!
your hydrangea is really pretty!
happy birthday to ben. It looks like a happenin' party. :)
Post a Comment