Thursday, December 9, 2010

Random Dinner Conversation

This was dinner a few Sundays ago.

Here are quotes from tonight's dinner conversation. We had homemade Macaroni and Cheese, chicken nuggets, and steamed broccoli. Or in Gordon's language, noo-noos, co-kies, and bok-ee.

Evelyn: When are you going to be a real mom?
Me: What do you mean? I thought a was real mom. (I'm expecting a response about when we'll have another baby) What's going to make me a real mom?
Evelyn: When you eat all different sorts of things, like cottage cheese and tapioca pudding. Like Daddy. He's the eater-dad.

Gordon had just dumped the last of his dinner on the floor.
Me: Gordon!
Jill: Mom, don't get so mad. Gordon doesn't know anything.
This was funny because I say nearly the exact same thing to her at least once a day.

Evelyn: What comes at the end of your thought? A polka-dot! Hahahaha!

Jill: Mom, I like mushrooms, sooo much. I will eat the whole mushroom store!
Evelyn: I will eat aaalll the junk food!
Jill: I don't think that's a good idea!

Our friends Cody and Karina had a baby today.
Evelyn: Why did Cody and Karina want to have kids?
Me: Why do you think Mommy and Daddy had you guys?
Evelyn: Umm, because kids are cute...so Moms and Dads don't have to be by themselves...so the parents can stay in their house forever... so the kids can learn ...so the kids can help decorating ...so the parents don't have to do it by themselves ...so they can have a big family together forever.

Jill: Why do you have a ghost sigaling(?) through the house?
Me: What?

3 comments:

Bedkes said...

I have never seen a baby so dirty during dinner time that's awesome! Your kids are so fun, I love to read the things they say.

Emily said...

LOL! I love posts like this one! A real mom? too funny.

Kari said...

Thank you for a little Sunday afternoon entertainment!