We did Thanksgiving at our house this year, and I cooked everything except the pumpkin pie and the stuffing, which Uncle Dan took care of. It really wasn't super stressful, but then again, I was just cooking for my family plus one. It's more work when you're cooking for a small army I'm sure.
The spread. My goal was to not make too much food. I failed miserably. Just yesterday I was cleaning out the fridge and found the forgotten leftover turkey, which had started to mold. Dang. I have to add that I am not a fan of candied yams, so I found a recipe for a sweet potato dessert with a streusel topping. Divine. At least as good as the pumpkin pie.
The girls got their own table. Gordon was sleeping when this affair went down so all diners could eat in peace. I love that boy, but making soup with his water cup and splattering it all over anyone or anything within 3 feet of him is not what I would call a satisfying dining experience.
Later in the evening we made an "I am thankful for..." paper chain with Christmas themed scrapbook paper to kick off our Christmas season. It was a great way to end Thanksgiving day and start decorating for Christmas. I definitely want to do it again next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment