Thursday, April 21, 2011

Has my blog been classified as "boring" yet?

I feel like it has been. I blame it on two month's worth of computer issues, which have made viewing and storing my pictures not easy. I think the last of the bugs are worked out though. I hope.

March and April have been really busy for us, and I should discipline myself better so I don't have to do these monster posts. But here one goes anyway. 

 We've been visiting our local parks. 
 I finally finished the sleeves on this shirt one night, and I'm not in love with it at all. I felt like giant marshmallows had swallowed my arms. Just too '80's for me I guess. The picture is too yellow as well.
 Ev's kindergarten class had an assembly for Groundhog's day, at the end of February. Go figure. She was very excited about it, and sang all the songs very well. She has a school play about plants next week.
 We threw the kids and their buddies an ice cream party on Ben's spring break. We ended up with 14 kids I think. It was kind of crazy, and there was definitely too much sugar, but everyone had fun.
 Gordon being my buddy in the church foyer while waiting for Primary Activity Day to end. 
 We have a community garden just down the hill from our apartment, and in mid-March we decided to rip out any gardening we'd done since November and put in all new soil. 

 This was after all my transplants and seeds were in. It hasn't changed much in a month, and I'm now pretty sure I need to fertilize if I hope to see any tomatoes this year. The soil is not soil here - it's solid clay and it just sucks up all the water and nutrients. It's definitely an experiment!
This is my new favorite pie at the moment - take two containers of fruited yogurt, the corresponding fresh fruit, and a tub of cool whip and fold it all together. Pour it in a graham cracker crust and put it in the fridge for a few hours to set. Then serve! I've got two containers of key lime yogurt and limes to zest for the next pie in the fridge. I'm hoping it will be as good as the strawberry version!

2 comments:

NaDell said...

That wasn't a monster post...
I love the assemblies at the school. I think I tear up every time remembering how much I loved elementary school.

Kristan said...

Awesome making your own shirt! I am too scared to make clothing. Your's looks much better than mine would have! The pie looks scrumptious...going to have to try that one. I hope your garden grows well! It looks great:)