Friday, June 10, 2011

Can it be June already?

So basically I have no time to update the blog these days (I forgot that 8 credits is considered full-time in summer college coursework - yikes!), so Ben did a family post on his blog last night, you can see it here:

http://thecaveofmontesinos.blogspot.com/2011/06/bed-time.html

It's about bedtime.

What we've been up to:

Not taking pictures, for one thing.

I'm in school two nights a week, and then spend a lot of time on the computer for two online classes (US history and Jazz). I really am enjoying it, I just bit off a bit more than I can chew.

Getting ready for our first vacation in two years!

Enjoying CA's "June Gloom." I really do like it, it's not hot or brutally sunny. I know soon enough I'll be cooking in the late afternoon sun. The pool we can go to is under major re-construction anyway, so I couldn't go swimming if I wanted to.

Gordon turned two in April, and he talks and talks and runs and jumps and climbs and sleeps well and eats well and throws tantrums well, he's just in good shape for a two-year old. Oh! And he's potty-training. I'd say he's 75% there. After that's done, he's going to have to part permanently with his binky.

Evelyn is almost done with kindergarten, and is reading like a champ. We learned yesterday she cannot read in the car though, "Mommy...I feel like I'm going to throw up!" Very, very, thankfully, she fell asleep instead. Unfortunately that eliminates one activity she can do while we're in the car for hours.

Jilly is my tall and skinny string bean. She's put on a good four inches since January, but no weight. She looks like a stick. :) She'll be in a pre-school co-op this fall, and she's very excited about that. Me too. Gordon will like it when the pre-school comes to our house.

Ben is almost through with his final papers for the year. It seems like he's always in finals! He's excited for the summer off.

Well, Gordon is throwing a ear-splitting tantrum, there's a giant pile of laundry and two hours of Jazz lecture to listen too. So I gotta go.

5 comments:

NaDell said...

Wow! You have been busy! Good luck in your classes.

Ben said...

I like the description of the kids. They sure are cute, like their Mommy!

Ashley said...

I didn't know you were taking classes. How amazing! Are you just taking them for a specific degree or just more fun (and super crazy busyness) and education? Way to go!

Ben said...

Because I have a B.S. degree, I have to start at the bottom of the credit rankings to register for classes. I only need two BIO classes to apply for the nursing program, but I need more credits in order to register for them, the classes are in high-demand. So I'll be taking classes that interest me until I can get in to the BIO classes.

Ben said...

(That last comment was Shaunie, she didn't log out of my profile)