Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Quick stop

 When we left the Ballard Locks, we knew that we would be driving straight down the west coast, with few stops. I was not sure how the kids were going to handle two full days in the car. This is one of the islands in Puget Sound. I was surprised how quickly the thick vegetation cleared out as we headed down Interstate 5. 
 By the time we got through traffic in Portland, it was late afternoon in the Willamette Valley, and I thought it was beautiful. I guess I'm a wide, open spaces kind of girl. Reminds me of Eastern Washington. 
 Saw this interesting van/bus on the way through the valley. I spent the last 45 minutes in the car blowing up balloons, and then letting the kids deflate them by letting them go. 
 We got to our stop for the night, and yay, it was not a hotel! Strawberry ice cream with all the girls.
We met up with our friends from our Rexburg and early Provo years, and it was so fun to visit and let the kids play. Hopefully we can get a repeat in sometime. 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

So did you plan your road trip? How many days were you traveling? Looks like quite a neat adventure and how fun you got to see friends in Oregon!

Ashley said...

P.S. Did the men stay up and play video games late into the night? ;)

Ben said...

Hi Ashley. We did plan it but the first part wasn't planned very well. That's part of why we missed you guys. We had two nights in Provo and one day. We pulled into Provo much later than expected and we had the next night planned with some friends I used to home-teach. We were also still recovering from the pre-trip madness and we all slept in too late the next day. Then my parents were in SLC unexpectedly so we met up with them.

Unfortunately we didn't get to play any video games. Dan had to work the next day and I had to drive to Eureka. But under other circumstances, we would have seen if Chad could fly in and spend the night. :)