My littlest girl is five years old. She is smart, mischievous, curious, articulate, and loves all things small and ducky. She is definitely my "pretty girl," who must always look just right, and will take her time getting the perfect look. I see long hours in front of the mirror as she gets older! I think she has a talent for dance; she loves to prance around to music, and is surprisingly graceful as she does it. I wish I had the money for full-on ballet lessons for her, but I'm hoping to come up with another solution for Christmas.
We had a little birthday party with a few friends, and they painted nails while watching "The Little Mermaid." She likes that movie because it was my favorite princess movie as a child.
She got her own ballerina Barbie (Evelyn has the blond version).
She requested Lucky Charms cereal for breakfast, macaroni and cheese for lunch, and homemade pizza for dinner. She wanted a strawberry cake with real strawberries inside, with homemade whipped cream frosting. I used dried strawberries for the inside of the cake, and liked it much better vs. fresh strawberries.
She ate all of her cake, yay! It's nearly impossible to get her to finish any kind of food these days except chocolate milk, which is probably why she is still such petite little girl.
Her primary teacher brought over these chick cupcakes, because Jilly loves little duckies and chicks. She has some of her other birthday gifts on her lap.
Grandma and Grandpa Chickens sent Jilly a Littlest Pet Shop treehouse, and she sets up the animals she got for her birthday (the ones pictured). She loves to make "set-ups" as she and Evelyn call it, and is very particular about where things go, who puts them there, the rules go on and on. She is very particular (if you look up this word in a thesaurus using the adjective description, it describes Jilly to a tee. It definitely provides for a parenting challenge!) She is also super-sweet and can be so thoughtful, we all love her.
No comments:
Post a Comment