We spent Black Friday at home away from retail chaos (I do not enjoy shopping in crowds). As soon as we got home from Uncle Dan's house, where we had eaten Thanksgiving dinner, Evelyn was begging to get the Christmas decorations out. So all Friday afternoon, that's what we did. Evelyn glowed all afternoon and gave lots of random hugs and when they viewed the Christmas lights we had put up in their bedroom window from outside, Jilly said she felt warm and fuzzy inside. I loved seeing how much the kids were enjoying everything. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday.
Gordon got to stay up for a little while after the girls had gone to bed, and he took a few choice ornaments off the tree (these are both ornaments from when Ben was little). He carries them around like little treasures. My favorite thing that evening was when I was taking Gordon up to bed, and he gave me a big, squeezy hug and said, "I'm happy Mommy. I'm happy." Nothing like that to make your heart melt, and just a simple reminder to be happy with what we have and where we are in life. Jilly asked last night if Christmas was going to be today. No dear, you have a month's wait (thank goodness!) I'm very much looking forward to this holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment