Thursday, March 1, 2012

Gordon's growing up!

He said some things today that he's never said before that show he's getting older. I wanted to get them down before I forgot them.

We had Orange Chicken, rice and broccoli for dinner. All the kids love this meal, and they always want more orange chicken.
G: "Mommy, I wan' more chicken!"
Me: When you've eaten your rice and broccoli you can have more.
G: Mommy, I eat my rice.
Me: When you finish your broccoli you can have more chicken.
G (with his hands up like he's declaring a touchdown): Mommy, I eat all my food! Yay! I get more chicken!

Tonight's little conversation while I was putting him to bed tonight. This was the first conversation he's ever initiated at bedtime (the girls do this all the time). We had just finished saying his prayers.
G: Mommy, what is Jesus Christ and Nephi?
Me: Jesus made our bodies, and the animals, and the trees and grass for us.
G (still confused): Who is Jesus Mommy?
Me: He lives up in the sky, and He made our hands and legs and feet and head. He made the bunnies, the doggies and the kitties, and the grass and trees for us too.
G: Oooohh. (Like he understands now).
Me: Do we love Jesus?
G: Yeahhhhhh. (In a growly, quiet voice). Who is Nephi?
Me: Um, Nephi is a prophet from the Book of Mormon who made a big boat.
G: (Blank stare like this idea was way beyond him).

Yeah, we'll save Nephi for another time when I have pictures at my disposal. He pretended he was a puppy this evening, which he has done quite a bit lately, and has created his own game of "Timber!" on the couch. He's getting a lot better with pretend play and it's fun to see what he does with his toys. I can't believe he's going to be three soon!

Add-ons in the last few days:
Gordon does a really cool air guitar. He'll grab a pillow or some other large-ish, flat object (book, pillow), and start singing some tune from "The Killers."

He's discovered what "Timber!" means and says it while knocking towers of blocks down, or more commonly, as he falls over in a heap onto the bed or couch.

He told me he wants a big box for his birthday with a strawberry house inside.

Today I was making a chocolate cake (he loves chocolate, my kind of kid) and when I cracked the eggs in the bowl he happily said, "Mommy! Da eggs are hatching! De'r hatching!"

No comments: