The last week or so has been good, and bad. The nasty cold & flu season decided to kick off at our house with a stomach bug that Evelyn and I are still trying to get rid of. Jilly got it too, but not as bad. Luckily for her, because she was already fighting off an ear infection that happened over Conference weekend. I think maybe the anti-biotics she's on may be keeping the stomach bug at bay for her. Ben was crazy busy last week, so he wasn't around as much as I would have liked while the girls weren't feeling good, but we got through it okay, and this week looks better as far as his schedule goes. So the good part in this was that for whatever reason, whether it was being sick or something else, Evelyn decided it was finally okay to go potty on her little toilet. She's been ready to potty-train for at least 4 months, but she's incredibly stubborn. I've had her sitting on her potty for hours at a time, and nothing would happen. She can go 12 hours without going to the bathroom. She's done it more than once. But now, it's okay. She's by no means fully potty-trained, but we're finally making some progress. I just hope Jilly is easier to train.
Due to all this sickness, the sleeping schedule has been thrown completely out of whack. So last night, at 11:00 pm, both girls were wide awake. I gave up trying to get them to go to sleep, as I had been trying since 9:30 to get them down. I've been on a Jane Austen kick lately, so I decided to put on Emma, and they actually kind of watched it. It was our first 'chick flick' together, and Ben though it worthy of documenting. They did finally fall asleep about 1 am, just as the movie was ending.
On Sunday, we missed church because we thought Evelyn shouldn't be passing this fun illness onto her little nursery playmates. I told Ben we were still going to get out of the house, because the girls and I hadn't gone anywhere for about 4 days. So we drove up to BYU campus and took our family picture for Christmas cards. The first one turned out the best, surprisingly, and after that Evelyn wouldn't hold still and wanted to run wild because she was feeling better. So the rest of these are just random pictures. I think BYU campus is gorgeous in the fall, with all the landscaping they do. I'll save the family picture for December.Evelyn and Jilly thought the fountain was pretty cool . I love how they're sitting the same way.
Evelyn didn't want to sit next to Daddy for this picture. Ben wanted the mountain Y in the background. It's pretty small if you can see it.
Snack time in the J. F. Smith Bldg.
Evelyn's has started to football tackle Jillian sometimes. This was a little one, and Jilly though it was funny.
Evelyn wanted to get up close and personal with the camera.
So did Jilly. Sorry for the plethora of pictures, but it's been a while since I've posted any good ones.
Jilly is getting closer to learning to walk, and her new trick is to climb into the doll stroller. Then Evelyn thinks it's so cool to push her sister around like she does her baby dolls. Evelyn has such wild woman hair in the morning. Those curls just go to frizz.
The few things keeping me sane while the girls are getting better is my scripture study with Preach my Gospel, Pride & Prejudice (I finally started reading it), and Ben. He's just funny. In times like these, I'm glad he's not serious most of the time. I think getting them back on their normal sleep schedule will help my patience too.
No comments:
Post a Comment