This is a picture from July of 2011. He seems to have grown a foot since then. He rides a bike with 16" wheels without a problem. He can still climb anything. When he lovingly head-butts me, it hurts. He's still a Mommy's boy, but will go hang out with Dad anytime (as long as Dad's going somewhere or if Star Wars is involved). He's a lot like Evelyn (they're two peas in a pod), but without the girly emotions.
He was developing a really bad case of the terrible three's recently, and I realized I needed to put my foot down on him going to bed earlier (more like I put my foot down on myself, because most 3 year-olds can't tell time). I have to sit with him until he falls asleep. He's just plain scared of going to bed alone. His whispers and snuggles melt my heart, so I don't mind helping him drift off to sleep. A lot of nights he wakes up scared of the shadows, and needs a warm body to snuggle with until he falls back asleep.
He talks more than ever these days, asking increasingly complex questions and giving answers to those questions according to his logic. Three year-old logic is hilarious. "Mom! My tummy hurts!" How come? "Hmm, it needs more food!" Uh, we just ate dinner, and you're going to bed, so, I don't think so. "But Mom! My bones are hurting!" I start chuckling. "My bones are rumbling because they're hungry! See?" And he lifts his shirt up so I can see his bones rumbling. I wish there was a way to remember all the funny stuff he says each day.
Nipples on the male gender are referred to as 'Mohawks.' "Hey Mom! Look at my mohawks!"
Blowing a raspberry is referred to as a 'jellyfart.' Where does he come up with this stuff?
Speaking of mohawks he wants to have one like his Uncle Dan, except Gordon was blessed with hair that doesn't want to do anything else but lay down. This provided some disappointment on Sunday when he piled the hair gel on, only to get a thin row of hair to half-way stand up, even after I worked the gel in and blew it dry to stiffen it up. He was shrieking, "My mowhawk!!!" every few minutes if something came within inches of touching his hair.
Gordon is all boy, despite being surrounded by girls most every day. He likes to join in on the rare nail polish party, but other than that, he participates in all the typical pesky little brother activities - stealing toys, wrecking beloved set-ups, kicking, tackling, dog-piling, etc. Angelina thinks this is all hilarious for the most part, except when he does it to her. He likes dressing up, and he's gone through several dress-up phases the last year and a half. For a long time it was Buzz Lightyear, but now he's branched out to Woody, Red Rackham (Tintin), pirates, and just a regular superhero as of today.
He loves going out to dig in my garden plot and pretend he's planting. He and his buddy Max enjoy ripping the layers of bark off the eucalyptus trees near our playground and making large piles of debris. He loves collecting sticks, and tries to get them in the house. They get tossed off the balcony when he decides the best use for sticks are hitting his sisters.
He loves The Killers, as he has since he was 21 months old, and takes phrases and tunes from their songs, and changes the words to make his own hilarious lyric, and then sings it over and over and over. "I Can't Stay" has a lyric that says "riding my decision home in the dark." Gordon took the "home in the dark" part and started filling in "dark" with different words, like toilet, poop, oatmeal, shoe, etc. His sisters thought this was absolutely hilarious, so he kept on going. We're working on socially appropriate words. :)
I love this kid. I hope he keeps his coolness as he grows up.







No comments:
Post a Comment