Tuesday, October 31, 2006

How I knew Jilly was stubborn from before her birth

 I decided with Jilly I would try to induce a day or two early. I had friends that it had worked for, so I thought, why not? 
 40 weeks, with the most comfortable preggo pants ever. They might not be super attractive, but they were so much more comfortable than anything with a waistband. 
 A picture I took so Michelle could see the largeness. Grandma Chickens agreed to come down for the scheduled induction, and while I was "laboring," Grandma taught Evelyn the art of eating whipped cream out of a can. 


Followed by a well-deserved bath. 
 We went in really early, before 6 am I think. They got me all set up, and I waited. 
 And waited. I look really uncomfortable, huh? I was actually just really hungry by this point. 
 Evelyn even came to visit and check on the progress of her baby sister. 
 She found a whole lotta nothin', except my ice chips. By this time, I'm hearing the nurses mutter that this is totally not going to work and that something needed to happen (I'd been on pitocin for 10 hours by now without a single pain, dilated only to 1.5 cm, and little cervical effacement). I decided at that point that I wasn't going to sit there for hours on end, and I was definitely not having a c-section, so I mentally bailed on the induction at that point. An hour later, my doctor came in and said that either she could try a different drug, or I could opt for the c-section. I asked if I could go home (I had just seen a commercial for steak on TV and I was so hungry). She checked with the floor doctor, and they released me. Mom Cluff made me a delicious steak when I got home. I had a few hard contractions within an hour of arriving home making me think I may actually go into labor, but all was quiet and relaxed when I went to bed. What a waste of time! Jilly wasn't going anywhere until she was good and ready. 

 The next day we drove up to visit Grandma and Grandpa Green and one of Grandma Cluff's good friends. 

 Grandma took fun pictures of Evelyn playing on the playground and got her grandkid fix. 



 Halloween arrived a few short days later, and we took Evelyn to Deseret Towers on the advisement of some friends. I was surprised, but Evelyn quickly figured out the drill, and all the female residents thought she was the cutest monkey they had ever seen. 
Evelyn latched onto this one piece of candy, and couldn't have cared less about the others she received. Halloween came and went, and no baby!

No comments: