2. I'm glad I asked questions when the c-section suggestion came up, because holy crap, once the nurses found out he was breech, there were six new people in there asking me to sign forms for this or that, the anethesiologist was there, and I was like, "Let's slow down the slice and dice train here! Do we have to do this?" So then they realized I was not an idiot and I wanted the info. I really just needed time to process it.
3. And I'm glad I listened. It took them five minutes to get Gordon out because as the doctor put it, "It looks like he was trying to backward dive into your rib cage." His shoulders and head got super stuck. I'm glad I was kind of out of it, Ben couldn't believe all the pushing and pulling they were doing. Had we done a natural delivery, I really don't want to think about what would have happened.
4. I'm really proud of Ben, he actually took some pictures of the surgery. (His history with blood and passing out isn't stellar). He told me he wouldn't look, but ended up taking about eight pictures without passing out or thowing up on me. I love him. He knew I would want to see those pictures sooner or later.
5. The middle of surgery is not the time for your body to decide to teach you how uncontrollable back and rib muscle spasms feel. That was actually the worst part of the whole thing. The muscles are still recovering from that.
Retrospect (3 years later) - I should have just waited for him to arrive on his own. Chances are he would have just flipped back to a vertical position. Or he could have been turned. I know I am not a patient person.
Retrospect (3 years later) - I should have just waited for him to arrive on his own. Chances are he would have just flipped back to a vertical position. Or he could have been turned. I know I am not a patient person.
No comments:
Post a Comment