Jilly and cousin Jaren were born just a few weeks apart, and since Jaren's blessing was to occur over the holidays, the Gibbons clan came together for Christmas at Grandma Hill's house. Evelyn's hair was finally getting long enough (and she was no longer ripping it out), to keep a little pony-tail in.
Evelyn loved having another little buddy to run around with. Though I don't know how much Kaden loved it.
We were just getting Evelyn accustomed to snow, and she liked it until she got cold. Or I got cold.
Aunt Heather was nice enough to take her out and play with her in the snow.
We went to the Southeast corner of Idaho for Jaren's blessing. It was colder and snowier than Grandma Hills house, but we all had fun talking together and letting the kids run around. We stayed in Tyler's Grandma's old house, which was more than large enough for all of us. I will always remember the batch of mint-chocolate chip brownies I made and ate that ended up making Jilly wake up every hour during the night. She wasn't cranky about it, just awake. All I could think was that it had to be the caffeine in the chocolate.
I was trying to help Evelyn figure out that you could keep reaching in and finding surprises in the stocking. She was happy picking one and running away.
Daddy helped her open a present, and soon she was wanting to help everyone rip the paper off their gifts.
Jilly getting really smiley for Grandma Gibbons. She had a clogged tear duct in her left eye until she was 3 or 4 months old, so that eye was a little gunky in several pictures we have.
Grandma made this car seat cover, which we used quite a bit in the cold and windy winter. I like how Jilly's face is peeping out. After we finished up Christmas here, we headed to western Idaho to visit the Cluffs.
No comments:
Post a Comment