Sunday, March 31, 2013

March

 In the few months leading up to March 4, Ben could often be found looking like this (sort of). This picture is courtesy of our friend Jared, Ben's next-door office mate. March 4th was PhD qualifying exam day, which, for those who know, means you live at your office and don't see your family much in the time preceding the exams. Afterward, you sleep and veg for a week to help your brain recuperate. Thankfully, Ben passed and he doesn't have to repeat this happy process.

 Gordon's natural habitat in the morning. Breakfast and a "show" of some sort. At least he's using the bed-in-breakfast trays. 
 Another wonky outfit from Gordon. He loves this "skeleton shirt."


 Ev and Jill took part in their school's 'Jogathon,' and Ben helped Ev's class count laps. They had to jog around a track for 40 minutes I think. They all got popsicles afterward. The girls even helped Gordon run around the track a few times. 

 Uncle Dan came over for dinner one night and taught the girls, "Stop hitting yourself!" 

 Gordon climbing in bed for morning snuggles. 

 And being silly after waking up a bit more. 
 I think we were leaving to drop Gordon off at his little pre-school group. There's the toddler I baby-sit. (She's moving away in about a month). Her and Gordon can play together really well, and then they can get on each other's nerves really well. As soon as Jilly comes home from school, the truce between these two ends because Jillian is the favorite playmate of this toddler, and Gordon knows it. 
 Jilly was conjuring her inner-giraffe. 
 He still dumps it all on the floor. 
 Jilly is still wondering why Daddy's taking random pictures of lunch. 
 But, we were all happy the big exams were over. 
 Family movie night remains a favorite weekend-night activity. 

Getting our little garden ready for planting. Each year keeps getting better. 
The kids staked out this abandoned plot as their own for the winter/spring, and had fun landscaping it with excess garden pots, stakes, and sticks. It was recently re-assigned to someone else, and my kids were disappointed as they had to pull out all their work (I did tell them this would happen). I do think the plot looked better when my kids were taking care of it.  

 Our neighbors from the ward invited us to grill at the Commons one Sunday afternoon. It was a good excuse to stay out of the house for a few hours. 

 I went somewhere with the girls - shopping I think - and Ben took Gordon down to get ice cream at Stricklands. He was happy.
I've been a target of pictures while sleeping the last few months - I found several pictures I didn't know about while combing the files for these recent blog posts. I still have a snuggler. 

 I can't believe Gordon can still cram into this monkey suit. It's 18 months to 2 years old, and he loves it. 
 Playing with his buddy Jack at the pool. 
Literally chilling and eating a hot dog.

 Jilly knows how to sunbathe. Except for the part where you're supposed to be in the sun.

 Evelyn finding a better use for the kick board. It is easier to sit than swim, right? 

 This is the part where (I'm trying to get them out of the pool, and I've given them their warnings, and they get out, but run to the other side of the pool complex and jump in the kiddie pool) I begin telling these three pool rats they'd better get out and stay out. We go through this every pool season, and by now, they're pretty good at listening. 
 One Sunday afternoon some other friends invited us to a barbecue at their apartment, and we discovered they have quite the cool toy. Ben took all the kids on a ride. Gordon couldn't get enough. Even I squeezed on there with Ben, and I felt like I was going to fall off. I could hardly keep my feet off the ground. 


I think Evelyn was trying to help start the motor. She wanted to ride it all by herself. (Let's wait a few years Ev). 

2 comments:

Tyler said...

It must be a boy thing to dump everything out.

Where is the picture with you and Ben on the motor bike?

Ben said...

I don't know if we had someone take a picture of us. Should have though. It was fun.